Pooped Out Cling Wrap

My dog pooped out a big pile of cling wrap today. No idea when she ate it because no food has gone missing that I can remember...

Does anyone know how long it stays in their system?

Do I need to take her to the vet or do anything else now?

I've always been very careful with cling wrap around them but will be extra careful now.

Edited by Baby Dragon

Its hard to know about taking them to the vet - I'll let someone more experienced answer.

But I feel your pain. My puppy has eaten on separate occasions part of a blue and a red deflated balloon. Both times he poo'ed them out within a few days and hasn't seemed to suffer any ill consequences.

Hope it turns out fine!

My boys have eaten lots of stuff ... my older boy stole half a roll still in the plastic with the little metal thing on the end. It usually took about 3 days to come out the other end.

Thankfully everything has eventually passed through without issue.

I no longer stress (as much) when they eat plastic stuff but if they are generally off, go off their food or seem to be straining when toileting then I would be definately be taking them off to the vet.

As it's already coming out the other end its unlikely you will have any problems , I would monitor toilting as well as eating/general demeanour etc and the glad wrap would be a major part of the history given to a vet in case of any concerns. Vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation abdo pain. dullness, anorexia among many others can all be symptoms.

Hope all is well!!