Which Clippers

Hi i am looking at buying some clippers for my dogs as too expensive to get them done professionally. Have no idea which are the best ones I have a Labradoodle and a Cavalier King Charles X with a Maltese (but she looks like a Cavalier with very fine hair). Any help would be greatly appreciated

basic wahl clippers would be fine u dont need the top of the range for 2 dogs being groomed every other month, u could even go with a one speed clipper if ur lab X is on the smaller size with a well kept coat, the most important thing is tha tu get them serviced as the best clippers will be stuffed if u dont look after them

basic wahl clippers would be fine u dont need the top of the range for 2 dogs being groomed every other month, u could even go with a one speed clipper if ur lab X is on the smaller size with a well kept coat, the most important thing is tha tu get them serviced as the best clippers will be stuffed if u dont look after them

Not all clippers require servicing. Andis Clippers are a sealed unit and don't.

I'd suggest you go to a decent sized pet store and ask to handle a few pairs. How they feel in your hand is important. You also will need a set with blades that can be changed.

I like Andis Clippers - they run pretty cool and they don't need to be serviced. But what people like tends to be an individual thing. I'd be sticking to Wahl, Oster or Andis and not even considering anything other than a good quality unit. Often the clippers marketed to pet owners are next to useless.

Thanks for that was looking at the wahl or Andis ones just did not know which ones would be the best. Will go and have a look tomorrow and see which ones i like the best

Thanks for the replies

Andis MBG 2 Pro Pet might be the one for you, just PM you.

cheers,

Tony

The Andis MGB is over priced and not suitable for any seroius grooming. The Wahl KM, either the SS or KM2 is the way to go.

I have 4 Cocker spaniel x poodles that get clipped around every 8 weeks, I have the Wahl ss with a set of SS guide combs, they have been fantastic and cost around $350 however you should be able to get them cheaper now.

I lurrrve my Andis clippers, have tried the Wahl brand and not quite as keen on them.

One pair of my Andis clippers are single speed and haven't any probs getting through a poodle coat, nor did the suffer too many probs getting through the hugely matted and long coated Kerry Blue that I groomed a couple of days ago.

Thanks for that was looking at the wahl or Andis ones just did not know which ones would be the best. Will go and have a look tomorrow and see which ones i like the best

Thanks for the replies

Andis MBG 2 Pro Pet might be the one for you, just PM you.

cheers,

Tony

The Andis MGB is over priced and not suitable for any seroius grooming. The Wahl KM, either the SS or KM2 is the way to go.

It is a single speed clipper set similar to Wahl KMSS clipper, but much high speed at 3700spm. :rofl:

Edited by Troy