Dog Behavourist

Hi everyone

My neighbour has a Cavalier that is around 3 years old. She has only had her for a year, I own cavaliers myself and I am friends with the person she got her from so I know her background to a degree. she has a problem with anxiety, when she first arrived she was on endep daily, but my neighbour has reduced it slowly and now she is on none, however now her anxiety has came back.

does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do for this dog rather than or as well as medication?

Her anxiety isnt too bad but we fear it could get worse. We can be sitting in the room and she will still be whingey and not settled. When we sit out the front as an eg she will sit and whinge at the door. She also paces around on occasions. she is becoming very needy.

She has also started growling at mine for no reason at all. When we go walking, if she isnt out front of them all she carries on ( it sounds like we are murdering her!). Same noise happens when she gets her lead put on and they start walking out the door.

We are located an hour from Canberra and am beginning to think we need to arrange a session with a behavourist. Can anyone give me an idea on what to expect, anyones personal experiences and ofcourse recommendations around this area?

Thank you

I have had Heike Hahner from Canine Communications come and do a session with one of my foster dogs and it was fantastic. Lots of those moments where you go 'oh yeah, that makes sense". I am now taking one of my own dogs to her training classes as well just because I am interested in the psychology side.

She is based in Braidwood. [email protected] http://www.braidwoodnsw.com/heike/about-us.htm