Always Itchy After A Bath

Flight

Don't forget that what you are doing by using these things is trying to sooth the skin and ease the itch. For example, the Calendula can assist in many cases but it doesn't "cure" the problem.

If your dog keeps developing thickish flaky skin then I'd suggest that's coming from within and not necessarily from without. So whilst you are finding a wash that will assist in soothing and not irritating, you need to be looking for the actual cause of the problem.

Washing too frequently can also exacerbate the problem as, although it might remove the flaky skin build up, can send the skin into a pH spin and this can cause the body to over-compensate when trying to restore balance. Also think of your environment (did I already mention this?). Heaters and air-conditioners can upset the natural pH balance as well, especially when there is too much of it (ie the heating/cooling)

Perhaps this has been said before. I've followed your thread but may have missed or forgotten some posts. But I'd possibly look at getting a full body blood work-up done. Also look at diet.

Thanks Erny - after seeing just how good the Calendula tea is - you have converted another. I have one very happy girl here right now who has been going crazy with itching..Thanks heaps.

Edited by Andisa

Thanks Erny - after seeing just how good the Calendula tea is - you have converted another. I have one very happy girl here right now who has been going crazy with itching..Thanks heaps.

Hey Andisa - just sent you back a PM. Glad the Calendula worked so well for you :confused:.