Registering A Litter

Baileys mum

Hi everyone..I know this might be a silly question but I'm a little confused on what date of birth I should put for my litters registration.

Brandy went into labour on Tuesday night 12th April & had her first puppy at 10.00pm, she went on to have another 5 pups before midnight & another 3 pups born after midinight.

So I was just wondering about the 3 puppies born after midnight as there DOB is technically the 13th April.

Do I still register the whole litter for the 12th April, the 13th of April, or do the 3 puppies born after midnight have to be registered separately? :)

Thanks guys if anyone could help clear this up for me that would be fantastic :rofl: ...or I might just have to ring Dogs Vic.

Nicole

The first pup's time and date is the official date. :D

Thanks so much for that :)

I will like a bit of a dill now for not knowing that. :rofl:

No problem at all. And you're totally fine. Not the first nor the last to ask that question on DOL. :D

I had that too - half the litter one date and the other half the next and I had to think twice about what to put on the form as well !!! I put the start date so glad I got that right :rofl: - blame 'baby brain' . . .

Yep I agree..all this sort of stuff can get very confusing especially when you are suffering from "puppy brain" :)

I don't believe it has to be the date of the first puppy, so long as it is one of the birth dates it is fine. Most show breeders given a choice of two dates actually look at the calendar three years ahead and work out if one date or the other will be better for major shows any time in those next three years. So if your next state Royal for example is in 12 months, you would probably prefer that your show prospect is still eligible for puppy rather than junior if one day is going to make a diffence.