Not Sure What Is Causing My Dogs Behaviour

mysticpaw

A couple of evenings last week, my boy Ricky (10 year old Siberian) behaved totally out of character.

He was agitated, scratched on doors, windows and gates.

If you called him "treat" he would come running, but after the treat would go back to trying to get

under the computer desk, or hiding on the lounge in the same room.

We thought there might be a storm somewhere.

There have been a few parties since then, so we thought it might be the bass, no thunderstorm activity and my other dogs are fine.

I am keeping a diary of times and hoping to get a pattern, so I can take all the info to the vets.

A thought that had occurred to me was bat noises, we have a few palm trees with pods and I think there maybe bats

around. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tonight he was really agitated, went from a happy normal dog to panting and trying to bury himself in the lounge.

He is now on the bed and seems OK.

Any thought or ideas would be much appreciated.

Edited by mysticpaw

That seems reasonable. Faulty ballasts in fluorescent lighting could also be the culprit. Illness can also cause this sort of behaviour, so keep a close eye on him.

Thanks. I am. I am hoping it is something around the house and not an illness.

Will get him up to the vets asap, for an opinion.

We are going away this week-end, will be interesting to see if he shows the same behaviour, in a different

environment.

Don't know about your area but over here there's been a couple of (what I presume to be) illegal fire works. Barely close enough to hear, but certainly audible to the dog. Presume it was an Easter thing. Perhaps that could be the same for you?

Same behaviour tonight, though less agitated. Raining here so don't think its fireworks.

Same time frame as well.

Still working on it being a noise though, as the Border Collie up the street is barking. ( He only barks if

something upsets him)

Will talk to his owners and see if they have a theory. I wouldn't be as worried if my other dogs were reacting the same way,

but they aren't. :o

Thank goodness Easter is over and I can get him to the vets.

How long after he's been fed ? perhaps it's a pain of some sort? Poor boy :o

We feed just after 7pm. We also feed in the morning and it doesn't happen.

He is on the bed now with Mr MP and is fine.

Even when he is agitated we can call him for a treat and he comes, then when the treat is finished it

is back to climbing under desks. :(

Tomorrow we will walk and he will be fine.

If will be interesting to see how he goes on the week-end away from home.