Video About Yeast/itchy Skin/smelly Dogs Problem Treated With Diet And

I'd consider thyroid check. (via Dr Jean Dodds in USA)

Would this be done at a normal vet? She does have some of the other conditions listed, being hair loss, dull coat, cold intolerance, skin odour and dry skin, decrease in tolerance for exercise - yes that is her latest thing of when I take her for a walk after 15 mins she just wants to lay down... hmmmm. Worth looking into, thanks Erny. :)

Edited by Lindainfa

I'd consider thyroid check. (via Dr Jean Dodds in USA)

Would this be done at a normal vet? She does have some of the other conditions listed, being hair loss, dull coat, cold intolerance, skin odour and dry skin, decrease in tolerance for exercise - yes that is her latest thing of when I take her for a walk after 15 mins she just wants to lay down... hmmmm. Worth looking into, thanks Erny. :)

Given what you've just written - I'd be hot footing it to your Vet's as one of my first ports of call.

How is it done? You do need to have your Vet draw the bloods. Your Vet needs to have a centrifugal machine as the blood needs to be spun down to serum.

Refer to the following link - scroll almost half the way down to find the links to the "outside of USA" instructions and request forms.

You would need to request the Thyroid Profile 5™ PLUS (Formerly the 7200) test for this first one.

Dr Jean Dodds - Thyroid Request Forms and Instructions

The Vet should give the vial of serum to you so you can send them via Fed-Ex International Courier. Follow the instructions for sending dog blood serum OS.

I reiterate that Australia does not test as thorough as USA does and can. In addition, our scale for analysis is far more basic and simplistic (ie Small; Medium; Large dog) than Dr Jean in the USA, who takes into account breed as well as age.

Edited by Erny