3.5 Year Old Cocker Peeing When Over Excited

My cocker Jesie has pee'd twice in the house in the last 4 days when she has become over excited. The only other time she has ever done this is when she was a very young puppy. She is fully toilet trained. We had a problem some time ago where she would not go outside to toilet if it was raining but we have overcome this issue.

First incident occured while playing ball inside. OH was throwing the ball for her and she was retrieving it. This had been going on for about 20 minutes when she went to retrieve the ball and very suddenly squatted and pee'd. She was given a firm NO and put outside. She knew she had done the wrong thing. The second incident ocurred when we let her and the beagle into our bedroom Saturday morning like we usually do. She was very excited to see us and squatted on the doona and pee'd. I said No and she ran outside having managed to stop her toilet mid stream and finish outside. OH and I were completely gobsmacked.

We have an appointment with our vet on Wednesday as she needs her anal glands expressed. This is an ongoing issue that diet has not fixed. I will be speaking with him about the excitment peeing but was wondering what your opinions are?

We have changed a few things lately and I wonder if this could be part of the cause? I am expecting our first child later this year and we have removed the dogs from their bedroom to turn it into a nursery. The dogs are still allowed into the nursery but they no longer have their own single bed in there. They do however have crates (they've had these for some time in the lounge room) and each night when going to bed we put blankets on the couch for them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Have the vet check for a UTI and for homonal incontinence if she's desexed. If this is unusual behaviour in an otherwise house trained dog, I'd be eliminating any potential medical reason before looking at behaviour.