Thank You

westiemum

Thanks for your post Leelaa17 - yes depite our arguments and different points of view people are always very kind and generous on this board when others need help of any kind - this really is the best community - full of wonderful people.

Yes look given there is so little around for these dementing dogs and I gather its easily available and cheap compared with other options, I think its worth a try. And it also seems to be relatively side effect free according to the net.

So good luck and please will you post and let us know how you get on?

what an incredible person to help you with such love.

No matter the debates and arguements everyone gets to on here I think this is such a great community (you wonder why I am on here religiously every day!!!) and everyone really actually CARES, which is hard to come by!

I have a 16yo dog that has dementia and he constantly barks at nothing. He is such a beautiful dog but is definitely showing his age. I also might inquire into this herb. Thank you for this thread!

Absolutely!

Mita, dogmad, (and anyone else!) I'm thinking of starting a herb thread in the Health and Nutrition forum. I don't think there has been much discussion of them and this last experience with Mac has taught me to be more open-minded about them.

I know some people will poo-poo them, and I was certainly a sceptic, but I'm beginning to believe there is much benefit in their sensible use. I ordered a 'herbs for dogs and cats book' last night so will be really interesting to see what it says when it arrives.

I'm beginning to think we should discuss herbs more openly so people can make up their own minds. A number of others have popped up who have posted or pm'd who are desperate to help their dogs who seem at the end of the treatment line. Bit like you dogmad. And I would be very interested to hear more about your chinese herbs. So it might help others who haven't considered them - particularly those with dogs with dementia.

Thoughts?

Mita, dogmad, (and anyone else!) I'm thinking of starting a herb thread in the Health and Nutrition forum. I don't think there has been much discussion of them and this last experience with Mac has taught me to be more open-minded about them.

I know some people will poo-poo them, and I was certainly a sceptic, but I'm beginning to believe there is much benefit in their sensible use. I ordered a 'herbs for dogs and cats book' last night so will be really interesting to see what it says when it arrives.

I'm beginning to think we should discuss herbs more openly so people can make up their own minds. A number of others have popped up who have posted or pm'd who are desperate to help their dogs who seem at the end of the treatment line. Bit like you dogmad. And I would be very interested to hear more about your chinese herbs. So it might help others who haven't considered them - particularly those with dogs with dementia.

Thoughts?

I say go for it. Bugger the people who 'poo-poo' it. They shouldn't even be reading if they aren't interested. Just tell the people who go on and argue with you etc not to come onto the thread if they have nothing USEFUL to say.

Good thoughts LL. Thanks.

Thoughts?

I say go for it. Bugger the people who 'poo-poo' it. They shouldn't even be reading if they aren't interested. Just tell the people who go on and argue with you etc not to come onto the thread if they have nothing USEFUL to say.

I think that would be a great idea too please!

I have always been a more 'conventional medicine' person but with my dog's health and now my cats are going through some issues I have been much more open to 'non traditonal' ideas :)

Yep me too bianca - this has been a bit of an eye opener for me. Will do. :)

I have always been a more 'conventional medicine' person but with my dog's health and now my cats are going through some issues I have been much more open to 'non traditonal' ideas :)

OK. Herbs for Dogs (and Cats!) thread started in the Health and Nutrition Forum for anyone who is interested. :)

Yep me too bianca - this has been a bit of an eye opener for me. Will do. :)