Idiopathic Ear Margin Vasculitis

I would be interested to know which Ridgeback site you were referring to earlier Erny.

THIS ONE, Lab_Rat.

As usual Erny, your post has me very interested!! Makes me want to delve further into Zolas allergy problems.

If you haven't had thyroid levels tested (via Dr Jean USA) I would start with that.

Edited by Erny

Hi Mason2009. I can't recall if I've tried the Evening Primrose Oil - I haven't on his ear tips but I might have with all his other prior skin eruptions that we've been through over the past years. Thanks for the suggestion. I will store that one and try these other things first to see how they go. The thing is, this ear tip wound is the result of something going wrong from within, so whilst I do need to help it from the outside to heal and keep clean, I need to really work from the inside out.

Edited by Erny

The thing is, this ear tip wound is the result of something going wrong from within, so whilst I do need to help it from the outside to heal and keep clean, I need to really work from the inside out.

The Evening Primrose IS given orally, not used topically. Its used in conjunction with fish oil, or whatever else is being given for omega 3s. It is given for the omega 6, which they have found to be vital to improved skin barrier function, which they now believe may play a very important role in allergies.

On the Vit E: be careful if you now think you are dealing with Adverse Food Reactions. Most Vit E is made from soy, which is another pretty common allergen, as soy is used in so many things. I'm on the look out for an E that is not soy based, so if any one knows of a brand I would love to hear what it is!

Thanks for your thoughts, ZA. Whilst I might not follow the suggestions of additional/alternate applications at this stage, I am keeping them all in my mind as a possibility should what I'm doing not work. Anyone, please don't think I am rejecting them.

Good point about the Vit E. The ones I am using are Soy based.