Stressed To The Max

kelpiekaye

Kelpiekaye great to hear it all worked out! Couldn't imagine moving people and pets overseas!

Bit off topic but a friend it moving back to NZ and was quoted around $3000 just to send her cat over! I thought this couldn't be right, if you don't mind me asking how did you get your furry friends over? Did it cost anywhere near as much?

Actually I was thinking the same - my husband is part Maori and would like to retire back in NZ so I would be interested in the transport costs and the vaccinations for the dogs. :)BTW love your Kelpie may I ask who you got them from?

Dogs and Cats have to be microchiped and upto date with vaccinations. Dogs have to be blood tested for heartworm and b#%@ (sorry dont know how to spell it) virus. That cost about $1,000 on top of transport costs and has to be done 10 days before flying. The vet said the rules were changing but they still need the tests. The blood tests get flown to Perth to be tested so there a bit of timing involved. Let me know if you want to know more.

Good to hear you got back ok kelpiekaye :) Hope you packed your thermals...must be freezing! I remember that gorge, I'm sure we used to drive through there on the way from Auckland to Mangonui.

Thanks Ninahartland, Bloody freezing, couldnt milk this morning as everything was frozen. Ive drawn the short straw tomorrow, I have to check the yards for ice etc and then let everyone know. Ye Ha!!!