Interdigital Cysts

Just after some advice from anyone who has dealt with interdigital cysts before. Our year old male stafford has developed one that is looking rather sore and I have read that epsom salts is a good idea for soaking the paw in. Has anyone used this before and with what success? Would like to try something before going to the Vet.

Try Bic Zinc tablets every day our girl got them so bad she could hardly walk they were sore and they would bleed . Since going over to Bio Zinc (touch wood) she has not ever got them again I swear by them its been remarkedly the best we have tried its been 2 years since her last bout.

Try Bic Zinc tablets every day our girl got them so bad she could hardly walk they were sore and they would bleed . Since going over to Bio Zinc (touch wood) she has not ever got them again I swear by them its been remarkedly the best we have tried its been 2 years since her last bout.

Thanks, may give this a go. It's the 2nd time it's happened, this time much worse than the first and it looks so painful.

Try soaking the paw in warm water with a splash of pino clean in it .He will not get relief until it bursts or he is treated with antibiotics. I have one that was prone to them and I have her on zinc and it seems to have helped considerably.

Hi. My boy had them. See pictures attached. I thought they were a part of Furunculosis - they very much appeared so, but for him the cause turned out to be an overload of his liver due to digestive disorder, and the inter-digital cysts was one way for the toxins in his body to work their way out because the liver was unable to cope.

I bathed his feed regularly with Calendula Tea (which has excellent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities). I would also occasionally use some antiseptic wash (by Vets All Natural) if we'd been anywhere that was particularly mucky. When the cysts were at their worst we'd rest them as otherwise his tearing around on them would cause them to burst and bleed.

post-5887-0-41384300-1308729471_thumb.jpg

post-5887-0-80227200-1308729487_thumb.jpg

post-5887-0-73130600-1308729513_thumb.jpg

I treated them this way WHILST I was dealing with diet/body detox and this helped resolve them.

Hi. My boy had them. See pictures attached. I thought they were a part of Furunculosis - they very much appeared so, but for him the cause turned out to be an overload of his liver due to digestive disorder, and the inter-digital cysts was one way for the toxins in his body to work their way out because the liver was unable to cope.

I bathed his feed regularly with Calendula Tea (which has excellent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities). I would also occasionally use some antiseptic wash (by Vets All Natural) if we'd been anywhere that was particularly mucky. When the cysts were at their worst we'd rest them as otherwise his tearing around on them would cause them to burst and bleed.

post-5887-0-41384300-1308729471_thumb.jpg

post-5887-0-80227200-1308729487_thumb.jpg

post-5887-0-73130600-1308729513_thumb.jpg

I treated them this way WHILST I was dealing with diet/body detox and this helped resolve them.

Thanks for this advice, is the antiseptic wash something that is available only from the Vet?

Thanks for this advice, is the antiseptic wash something that is available only from the Vet?

The Calendula Tea (which is also an antibacterial wash) is purchased from a Health Food Store.

The antiseptic wash I used I happens chance to already have (ie the Vets All Natural brand - although I'm not sure they make it anymore). I stupidly used Cetrigen (purple) Spray once - it was very good but I didn't give much thought to the stains it initially left on my floor before the spray dried :rolleyes: .