Life Span Arthritis And Mobility Treatment

A-B-C

Hi guys

(Bron is a 46kg BMx who is approximately 9 years of age). He is in great nic in my mind and I never 'feel' like I have an aged dog... until now!... I arrived home to a sad and miserable Bronson last night :( Poor boy is obviously feeling the cold and is getting stiff and sore.

I have been trying to work out what supplements I could/should ge to aid his aching bones and this one came up. Anyone know of it?

Also... has anyone tried the deer antler velvet by chance?

We use Joint Guard and exercise on lead with a wuick run at the end at the park (once she's warmed up). The powder does take a while to work but it did and now I'll also use rapigel if she's sore after a walk and then put the magnetic rug on her (if anything it should be that bit warmer than the normal rug) and when the rapigel dries I'll brush/comb it out too. Something seems to work. She also has cartrophan injections a couple of times a year too.

Never heard of deer antler.

Thanks rubiton!! :)

Bron has started the deer antler velvet tabs this week. Shall post an update regarding whether I think it has helped in a couple of weeks. In the meantime here's the link to the product. :)

K9 Magic

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll discuss cartrophen injections to Grumpy's vet. We just went for a walk and he tripped and his legs went from under him. He's on Sasha's Blend but I think he needs something else. I haven't heard of deer antler tablets so will look into those. Does Bron seem any happier (even though it's only a few days)?

I think I'll discuss cartrophen injections to Grumpy's vet. We just went for a walk and he tripped and his legs went from under him. He's on Sasha's Blend but I think he needs something else. I haven't heard of deer antler tablets so will look into those. Does Bron seem any happier (even though it's only a few days)?

If a dog is out of alignment in the front shoulders I have been told that they can trip and stumble/fall. Once adjusted by a good animal chiropractor and in alignment they will have no pain from pinched nerves and will move a lot more freely. That has certainly been the case with me, after trying many animal chiropractors, my mobile animal chiropractor has got my boy steady and even on all 4's again and he's nearly 11 now!

Both of my dogs have cartrophen injections every 3 months.

They also get joint guard and fish oil tablets.

They seem to be quite comfortable at the moment and have been on this regime for about 18months

Yeah I think that it has helped him a bit. He's not skipping, but is moving more comfortably.

If a dog is out of alignment in the front shoulders I have been told that they can trip and stumble/fall. Once adjusted by a good animal chiropractor and in alignment they will have no pain from pinched nerves and will move a lot more freely. That has certainly been the case with me, after trying many animal chiropractors, my mobile animal chiropractor has got my boy steady and even on all 4's again and he's nearly 11 now!

I'll have a chat about chiro to the vet, though I am concerned about Grumpy being grumpy if we go down that route!

Keep in mind that many vets consider chiro a waste of time.

I'm planning on getting a masseuse to come and work on him (when we're next home long enough :o ) as I think it will help the old boy.

Both of my dogs have cartrophen injections every 3 months.

They also get joint guard and fish oil tablets.

They seem to be quite comfortable at the moment and have been on this regime for about 18months

Do you worry about ongoing cartrophen injections though harley?

My 14.9 year old dog has cartrophen injections every two months, has done for the past 2 years. I haven't noticed any side effects at all. She had a blood test done recently and my Vet was very impressed with the result for a dog her age.

I'm not worried too much about side effects at her age, as what is more important to me, is her pain level and comfort in her later years of life.

I suppose chiro is like feeding raw. There's those that are passionate and won't hear of anything else. I had a dog that had chiro once and screamed all the way through it. Turns out that he had no issues that needed chiro, something that wasn't picked up by the chiro at all. Plus, I don't know of any doggie chiros in the ACT, so chiro for Grumpy is moot.