Puppy Pre-schools In Newcastle

Mez!

Hey everyone,

I bought home a black lab puppy a couple of weeks ago, she turns 10 weeks old today and her name is Sooty. She’s getting her last vaccinations on Saturday and I’m starting to look at puppy schools, and I was wondering if you could help me find a good one.

I live in Watarah West (near the Uni and the hospital) and I’ve heard Charlestown vets are good but the earliest I can get in is the 15th of August and I was hoping to start before then. I’ve already taught her to sit and come but I need to train my sister so she knows how to train Sooty and get some tips on getting her to stay and other things.

Thanks in advance!! :D

Hi, have been to a few in the Newcastle area, depending on the trainer available I would recommend Hamilton Vet (near the Aldi), and perhaps Merewether Vet. The Hamilton one especially. They run two different sessions but you would just have to check when the next one is starting. Charlestown is also good but try those two for one sooner :)

Hi,

Our oldest GSP did his puppy school at Hamilton Vet Clinic and the younger one at Adamstown Vet Clinic. Both were good classes, structured, not a free for all....

We swapped Vets just before we bought Archie home thats why we went to two different courses.

Adamstown Vets are brilliant, absolutly brilliant if you are looking for a vet

Thanks everyone, Hamilton Vet just lost their trainer so they don’t run classes any more but I was able to get in to Adamstown starting this Saturday :) thanks for the advice!