Grain Free Kibble

Guest lavendergirl

Guest lavendergirl

I use Earthborn Holistic Ocean Fusion ( you can get it from Pookinuk i think) it does have a bit of Barley in it but my dog who cant have any grains is fine on it. Im getting a puppy in a few weeks and am thinking of putting him on the puppy food that they make as i am very happy with this food ( i battle to find kibble for my allergy child)!!!

You might like to have a look at this site www.dogfoodanalysis.com. Earthborn Holistic is rated 3 star I think. It has a Vitamin K derivative in it which is apparently not good for dogs.

Guest lavendergirl

http://www.evopet.com/

This amazing food used to only be available through a certain chain of pet stores until it was recently brought out by P&G. Should be more widely available now or soon - just hope P&G don't change the quality of the food.

Ah this is more like what I was looking for - I particularly like the look of the Herring & Salmon Formula. BW do you know where it is available presently?

Unfortunately I know Pets Paradise, Pet Goods Direct & Pets R Fun stock the food (Paradise Retail Holdings group) unfortunately they also sell livestock. Hopefully it you will see it rolled out in many more non-livestock-selling retailers. If you email them, the company should be able to tell you who else is starting to stock it. It really is a great food - I have been to the old manfacturing plant & testing facilities in Nebraska and it was incredible !! I just hope P&G keep the brands integrity.

Thanks Bow Wowy - naturally would prefer not to support puppy retail stores. Saw Husky and Lab pups in the windows for sale the other day:( Don't know why I look it always upsets me. Who is P&G?

Thank you for letting me know as i was going to use Pookinuk but wont now

Don't let it stop you - I say the issue is the delivery company they use in NSW (Allied Express) and you're in another state.

I had the same problem with allied express - they delivered it to the wrong house! I mean really, it's not like our house is difficult to find!

I'm pretty sure Artemis also does a grain free variety.

There's artemis maximal grain free :D That's what I feed Z. He does very well on it.

http://www.evopet.com/

This amazing food used to only be available through a certain chain of pet stores until it was recently brought out by P&G. Should be more widely available now or soon - just hope P&G don't change the quality of the food.

Ah this is more like what I was looking for - I particularly like the look of the Herring & Salmon Formula. BW do you know where it is available presently?

Unfortunately I know Pets Paradise, Pet Goods Direct & Pets R Fun stock the food (Paradise Retail Holdings group) unfortunately they also sell livestock. Hopefully it you will see it rolled out in many more non-livestock-selling retailers. If you email them, the company should be able to tell you who else is starting to stock it. It really is a great food - I have been to the old manfacturing plant & testing facilities in Nebraska and it was incredible !! I just hope P&G keep the brands integrity.

Thanks Bow Wowy - naturally would prefer not to support puppy retail stores. Saw Husky and Lab pups in the windows for sale the other day:( Don't know why I look it always upsets me. Who is P&G?

Proctor & Gamble

Guest lavendergirl

I notice that the grain free varieties have a high protein content - over 40% compared to around 25% in the "normal" type kibble. Does anyone know if this is harmful to an adult toy size dog?? His energy level would be described as moderate.