Searching For Dogs' Favourite Toys - Where To Get Another Of Same.

Erny

Photo attached. Mandela received this as a hand-me-down from my sister's current dog (who wasn't all that interested in it). It was a hand-me-down to him from my sister's previous dog. It was given to her by their Vet when she first got her first dog/pup. That would have to be about 25 years ago.

This ball has proven to be the most favourite of all, for Mandela. Not too heavy nor too hard nor too soft nor too small or too big. Was hard wearing (he's given it a huge work-out for all of his 3 years) yet didn't hurt him if he took it on the fly.

In its more pristine state, it was round, so excuse its somewhat warped shape. It is now split and I can't use it any more as the split causes injury to his tongue or gums.

I doubt that its kind might be available any more, but just thought I'd put out a post in case it proves to still be possible to get them.

Anyone know?

post-5887-0-00059900-1312793590_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erny

We received a toy like that from an agility trial a few years ago, they were a sponsor's item - I have a photo taken from the same people (I think?) and it's got a Sentinel Spectrum/Novartis logo on it.

They toy is around here somewhere but I suspect the logo would be pretty faded by now. Soft-ish but hard wearing, and kind of has a wheezy squeak to it?

Edited by Jess.

They toy is around here somewhere but I suspect the logo would be pretty faded by now. Soft-ish but hard wearing, and kind of has a wheezy squeak to it?

Yep - that's a very acurate description. Mandela loves the sound of that wheezy squeak (which so doesn't work now, lol). Glad to know they are at least not extinct yet. From memory, this ball came from the Vet via a worming company as well. Perhaps I could send an email to the various places and see if they still have them.

Cheers for that. It's a lead :).

Edited by Erny

I just tried to send you a PM but it said it was full. My two have plenty of toys and this one isn't a favorite so if you can't locate one maybe we can come to arrangement about getting it to you.

Hey Ness. Thank you - that's very kind. I've emailed the Sentinel Company so will see what they have to say.

I'll go check my PMs. I had no idea it was full - sorry about that.

Appreciate the responses here. :)

Erny Orbit got one of those just a few weeks ago for a Novartis photo shoot (and oh such a terrible photo LOL ). It's dark blue with similar shapes, but it's quite hard? He's not interested in it at all, so if you like I can take a photo of it for you tomorrow and if you want it I can send it to you?

Edited by stormie

Hey all you :). Thank you for your responses and offers. I have received an email response from the Sentinel people and they tell me they don't have any left at the moment, so yes .... I'd like to take someone up on their offer. I don't mind purchasing depending on cost, nor to paying for postage. I don't even mind buying two of them - it means I can leave one at Mum and Dad's and not have to worry about forgetting it. Dad, who is 86 years young, loves getting out with Mandela and having a game of throw ball and fetch and this style ball is the one of choice.

Hey PP - thanks. I could possibly pick one up from you. I'm a bit unreliable with driving to get out to places at the moment (still convalescing and a bit up and down as far as some days are concerned) but if you don't mind emailing me your phone number I could perhaps ring you to see if this could be arranged?? Email is [email protected]

Hey Stormie - thank you too, for your offer. Not sure what you mean by "a bit hard" :confused: . It is firm and I don't encourage a full front catch on the fly, but it is soft enough to be squeezed reasonably easily. Does this still sound like the same as the one you have?

I'm sure I saw something almost exactly the same as this at a two dollar store in the city the other day. I'll be swinging past it in the next few days, let me see if I can snap a photo or two.

Hey Stormie - thank you too, for your offer. Not sure what you mean by "a bit hard" :confused: . It is firm and I don't encourage a full front catch on the fly, but it is soft enough to be squeezed reasonably easily. Does this still sound like the same as the one you have?

Nope, mine cannot be squeezed! I can stand on it! They must have discontinued your style and bought out this one :( Orbit hates it hahaha

PP, Erny, I'm flat out until Monday running errands in preparation for Chimaera's birthday, but after that I can pick up and drop off the toys for you if needed smile.gif

Oh hey, Haven .... that would be marvelous, but only if it isn't out of your way. I have a friend who lives down that way and I am trying to contact her to see if she would pick it up from PP for me. Then it's just a matter of working out when she and I can get together.

I'm sure I saw something almost exactly the same as this at a two dollar store in the city the other day. I'll be swinging past it in the next few days, let me see if I can snap a photo or two.

Thanks LBD. They need to be firm but squeezable though. Would you do a "poke" test too? :D

Edited by Erny

Nope, mine cannot be squeezed! I can stand on it! They must have discontinued your style and bought out this one :( Orbit hates it hahaha

I wouldn't like it either .... ouchy on the teeth!! Maybe it was a different line because they ran out of the others to use as promotions ???

Edited by Erny

How great to see these responses. I have been looking for about 12 months now for a replacement toy for my papillon. If she drags it out from under the bed tonight I will try and get a picture of it. Willing to basically pay anything for replacement cost etc as its really her best friend. Its a dark brown 'bone' about 8" in length and has yellow writing with the word "BONE" going around the middle of it where its narrower. I cant find any makers identification on it unfortunately and it has started to split from being carried around everyday 24/7. Thanks in advance and will hopefully try and get a pic of of when it emerges.

PP, Erny, I'm flat out until Monday running errands in preparation for Chimaera's birthday, but after that I can pick up and drop off the toys for you if needed smile.gif

Oh hey, Haven .... that would be marvelous, but only if it isn't out of your way. I have a friend who lives down that way and I am trying to contact her to see if she would pick it up from PP for me. Then it's just a matter of working out when she and I can get together.

I've moved now, so It's not far and I'd get to see you which would be fantastic. I'd have to bring Chimaera though, if that is ok.

I've moved now, so It's not far and I'd get to see you which would be fantastic. I'd have to bring Chimaera though, if that is ok.

That would be fantastic ..... would you email me your contact number and I'll call you?

I have been looking for about 12 months now for a replacement toy for my papillon. ...Its a dark brown 'bone' about 8" in length and has yellow writing with the word "BONE" going around the middle of it where its narrower. ... Thanks in advance and will hopefully try and get a pic of of when it emerges.

I wish I could help but don't have anything that fits that description, I'm afraid. Others might, or might know where they've seen them but yes .... I think a picture would help. If it is of any assistance to anyone, I'm happy to alter the heading of this thread and open it up to all and sundry who might be looking to replace a favourite lost or worn out toy.