Embarassing Dog Behaviour

Mango

Hi all, as this is a behaviour question, I hope I'm posting in the correct area.

After recent instances and particularly yesterday, I'm becoming disturbed about my dog's behaviour. He is a 4 year old Parson Russell Terrier, and still has all of his boy bits.

I have no problem with dogs doing grotty things but I am finding that when we meet other dogs, he is now ONLY interested in their back ends, in particular, licking their penises.

We go to an off-leash area and his behaviour is becoming increasingly embarassing. Yesterday I put him back on the leash. He's generally very well trained and obedient (I have put a lot of effort into this) and sure, I think he could do with a refresher in the obedience department, but anyway, he has become insanely obsessed about this. He never displays any interest in humping dogs, and is quite interested females as well.

I have never considered having him desexed but for the first time, wondering whether this would have a high likelihood of adjusting his behaviour. And any other tips would be great, please.

he's a dog - and this is what a lot of them do. if you don't like it - perhaps take him to training, where he learns to do other things around all sorts of different dogs? ..or don't let him approach strange dogs?

Sometimes frustrated entire pet dogs get a scent of an in season bitch... and because they have no idea really of what's going on - they instinctively seek out the owner of the scent .. by extra sniffing, etc .