Caboolture Show Entries - Still Iopen And We Need More Please

Classicyds

Thanks teamsnag. Now just to get there early enough to GET a place by the ring :(

Not the best organised ring layout I've ever seen I must admit, and getting to the ring at all without walking through someone's gazebo was virtually impossible last year.

Okay, shouldn't be offended by this statement but I am. We spend a great deal of time organising the set up of the rings each year. We often have exhibitors thank us for trying to find more room close to the ring for gazebos, but clearly we still aren't doing it right.

The process is:

the group with the biggest numbers is located on the side or far side of the showgrounds (from the office) to enable the exhibitors to be able to put up as many gazebos as possible. Last year we had group 3 with over 210 dogs and we could have just sandwiched it between group 2 with over 100 and group 4 with well over 100 and given exhibitors the width of one side of the ring as their space, instead we spread out the rings and put in walk ways so no matter which side you are on you can get to the office, toilets, showers etc. Also any especially large group is positioned on the end to try again to get more ringside space for gazebos.

If people chose to put gazebos up in a way that was obstructing things, then the option was to speak to the show manager, who did in fact ask some people to move. Sorry, but I can't help other people getting in early and getting themselves a good spot.

And if you couldn't get near to the ring, maybe that was because there were a lot of people there earlier than you.

Of-course everyone knows how to do everything better, but no-one actually wants to be involved and actually DO the job. AND if as an exhibitor anyone had some constructive ideas about the ring layout, then I am more than sure that the committee or me, as the show secretary would have been very happy to go around and for the exhibitor/s to show us would he/she/they think might have worked better.

If I sound pxxxed off, then that just reflects how I feel. We work extremely hard to try and put on decent shows, and maybe this comment was a throw away line, but I don't need people to not enter because they think the show isn't well run or that there isn't space. Personally, I work very long hours to try and put on a show with different judges, that is exhibitor friendly and that people want to attend!

I guess become a member of the club and come to meetings if you really want to contribute!

Really, there is no pleasing some exhibitors...even though we do bust our butts to do so!!

Nadia Attridge

Show Secretary

Hmmm and this just makes me want to withdraw my entries... :( I dont think there is any need for this when you are trying to get more people to enter your shows... What Sandra777 said is correct, unless you are there very early you cant get near the rings and there are no walkways alloctated to get through the gazebos, the the people who double park around track and cant back trailers is just insane.... I dont think she was having a go at you, there is alot of work involved in a show, she was just stating reasons why she wouldnt go. No need to take it personally and tell the whole world about it :(

Thanks teamsnag. Now just to get there early enough to GET a place by the ring :(

Not the best organised ring layout I've ever seen I must admit, and getting to the ring at all without walking through someone's gazebo was virtually impossible last year.

Okay, shouldn't be offended by this statement but I am. We spend a great deal of time organising the set up of the rings each year. We often have exhibitors thank us for trying to find more room close to the ring for gazebos, but clearly we still aren't doing it right.

The process is:

the group with the biggest numbers is located on the side or far side of the showgrounds (from the office) to enable the exhibitors to be able to put up as many gazebos as possible. Last year we had group 3 with over 210 dogs and we could have just sandwiched it between group 2 with over 100 and group 4 with well over 100 and given exhibitors the width of one side of the ring as their space, instead we spread out the rings and put in walk ways so no matter which side you are on you can get to the office, toilets, showers etc. Also any especially large group is positioned on the end to try again to get more ringside space for gazebos.

If people chose to put gazebos up in a way that was obstructing things, then the option was to speak to the show manager, who did in fact ask some people to move. Sorry, but I can't help other people getting in early and getting themselves a good spot.

And if you couldn't get near to the ring, maybe that was because there were a lot of people there earlier than you.

Of-course everyone knows how to do everything better, but no-one actually wants to be involved and actually DO the job. AND if as an exhibitor anyone had some constructive ideas about the ring layout, then I am more than sure that the committee or me, as the show secretary would have been very happy to go around and for the exhibitor/s to show us would he/she/they think might have worked better.

If I sound pxxxed off, then that just reflects how I feel. We work extremely hard to try and put on decent shows, and maybe this comment was a throw away line, but I don't need people to not enter because they think the show isn't well run or that there isn't space. Personally, I work very long hours to try and put on a show with different judges, that is exhibitor friendly and that people want to attend!

I guess become a member of the club and come to meetings if you really want to contribute!

Really, there is no pleasing some exhibitors...even though we do bust our butts to do so!!

Nadia Attridge

Show Secretary

Hmmm and this just makes me want to withdraw my entries... :( I dont think there is any need for this when you are trying to get more people to enter your shows... What Sandra777 said is correct, unless you are there very early you cant get near the rings and there are no walkways alloctated to get through the gazebos, the the people who double park around track and cant back trailers is just insane.... I dont think she was having a go at you, there is alot of work involved in a show, she was just stating reasons why she wouldnt go. No need to take it personally and tell the whole world about it :(

Well, just as Sandra and you are entitled your opinion, so am I. If people want to level criticism in a open forum, rather than to the individual, then I am not sure why I am not supposed to reply in an open forum. Bottom-line, I am going to protect the work done by the very dedicated small team at Caboolture KC!

I did state clearly too, that I am more than happy for people to approach me or one of the committee and we can work to make things better.

Nadia

The process is:

Nadia Attridge

Show Secretary

Well, just as Sandra and you are entitled your opinion, so am I. If people want to level criticism in a open forum, rather than to the individual, then I am not sure why I am not supposed to reply in an open forum. Bottom-line, I am going to protect the work done by the very dedicated small team at Caboolture KC!

I did state clearly too, that I am more than happy for people to approach me or one of the committee and we can work to make things better.

Nadia

Nadia, what has been said is not a personal attack on you or the club, the club (like all clubs) do they best they can to put on a show to please everybody, but this doesnt always happen. There are always going to be people who make the choice for whatever reason to not enter a show. Some it is the show set up, the grounds, the parking, the rings, the judges, the toilets !!! And with the cost of entries and fuel these days it is too easy to get picky. So maybe instead of being offended when people state reasons they dont want to enter a show, just sit back and acknowlegdge their reasons (think about whether their reasons are viable and improvements can be made) and leave it at that. I have gounds that I love to go to regardless of judges... just like people have grounds they hate going to. It is a personal choice. We are all adults and fellow showies, we shouldnt be going around attacking everyone :( and it doesnt matter who 'started it', we shouldnt be making it personal.

And I will add that it is not always the clubs fault for problems at shows.. the majority of times it can be thoughtless or incosiderate competitors.

Edited by kelpiesrule

Classicyds, what we do at my local show is mark out the proposed walk ways, inform exhibitors that if they have the 6 x 3 gazebos, they are to set up longways, AND nobody can set up before 2.oopm the day before the first Show (usually Friday)- that way the committee can finish their preparation, and mark out walkways, and the 2 metres required around thedy knows,and we don't seem to have any problems!

Sarah

just seen this now, I'm guessing its too late to get a few entries in?

There for group 5 if that helps? LOL

Last call today for entries, so if you have some either post them today, or preferably just post the cheque and email me the entries.

Thanks,

Nadia

Classicyds, what we do at my local show is mark out the proposed walk ways, inform exhibitors that if they have the 6 x 3 gazebos, they are to set up longways, AND nobody can set up before 2.oopm the day before the first Show (usually Friday)- that way the committee can finish their preparation, and mark out walkways, and the 2 metres required around thedy knows,and we don't seem to have any problems!

Sarah

Thanks Sarah,

We have a motorbike club that uses the grounds the night before so no-one can get on there until the morning of the show anyway, even us, which is problematic.

This year after negotiations, the Showgrounds have agreed that I can make out with a spray can walkways and vendors' parking the day before, how much of it is still visible after the bikes, who knows.

Hopefully we can set up the rings and walk ways in a way that suits exhibitors.

Nadia