Pimply Red Rash On Girls Chest

tiff-689

My 10 month old pointer has developed an odd pimply looking rash on her. It is primarily on the underside of her chest and to a lesser degree on both of her underarms. It's been present for the last couple of days and doesn't seem to be getting any worse. I have some neocort in the cupboard so i have been putting that on her morning and night to see if it will clear up. Has only been a few days so probably a bit early to tell yet, but i'm just wondering if anyone has had something similar?

She is not at all itchy or bothered by it and i can't imagine it could be any kind of allergy as her routine and diet havn't changed. She has been on antibiotics for the past 3 weeks following surgery to remove a stomach abscess but i can't find any information to say this is a known side effect..

Here is a close up picture of the area on her chest.

_MG_0044.jpg

Will give her a bath with the aloveen shampoo i have over the weekend. It hasn't been too hot lately so i'm not sure about heat rash but i do have a habit up covering her in blankets at bed time. Maybe i should leave them off.

Did they clip that area for the surgery? It looks like clipper rash to me.

The neocort should work or if the skin seems damp, try some curash baby powder.

Nope. Her stomach was shaved, but chest area wasn't touched. It seems to be much better since using the neocort so i'll just keep an eye on it :)