Dog Agility Clubs, Syndey North East?

Hi

We would love to try taking our dog to beginner's agility as she seems to have the constitution for it. Are there any clubs you'd recommend on Sydney's Northern Beaches or just slightly inland?

We had planned to go to a club at Deep Creek Dog Training Reserve in Narrabeen, but their fee structure is very off-putting to newbies; it works out to $43 just try it out once, without knowing whether we, or our dog, we will even like it. We are keen to find another club that's more welcoming to beginners. Any suggestions please?

Thank you :)

Edited by UltimatePup

On Tuesdays and Fridays at 11am at St Ives Shouwground

Canine Fun Sports $15 per session. canine fun sports

Manly (the club at deep creek) is actually very good. I personally think the fee is reasonable, as it also covers you for obedience on Sunday mornings and Tues nights.

It is then only $3 per session.

The next year there is only a $20 renewal fee.

Unfortunately they only have a join-up session once a month but this is only so that they can keep people of the same level together. You are welcome to come and watch any saturday though.

They have a huge range of equipment and are a very supportive club, with a lot of triallers and experienced people who are always more than happy to give you tips.

It is good if your dog has an excellent recall because there is a creek nearby and it is quite an open area (no fences). Also its a bit rude to let your dog run over and interrupt others (we've had some people bring out of control dogs in the past and it hasn't really been enjoyable for them) . But I am sure your dog is well behaved anyway :)

Also Northern Suburbs train at st ives showground on saturdays but I think they are even harder to get into- you have to be at a certain level of obedience (almost trialling level is what i've heard?) to even start agility.

Good Luck, agility is heaps of fun!

If you choose Manly come and say hi to Mindy and I (she is a black lab)

ETA- Manly actually ends up being cheaper if you're going to come on a regular basis. If you go to CSF (and they are also very good :)) then if you do 3 lessons- its already $45. I think if you came to manly every week it ends up being around $4-5 a session which is pretty good as you get around 2-2.5hrs (other clubs are generally only 1 hour).

we have a morning tea break at around 10, so if you came to watch you could maybe ask one of the instructors or come find me during the break :D and put your dog over the equipment and see if they like it...

Edited by aussielover

Aussielover, that's very informative and encouraging, thank you. Perhaps we will drop by to watch and chat, as you suggest.

Thanks Kavik, though Parramatta is a long and miserable drive away (and the Hills is not much better), so we are really hanging out for somewhere within the green and peaceful limits of the 'insular peninsular'! :D