Sound Recordings Of Dogs Playing

sandgrubber

My two vocalize, loud, when they play. It's funny to listen to.

I'd love to be able to post some MP3 of the noises they make.

And I think it would be hilarious to download some sounds from other people's dogs to watch what mine do when I play them.

I don't think we can do this here, can we?

Silly as it may seem, but I wondered lately if recordings of 'happy' & excited dog play noises, would help entertain dogs when left home alone.

This happened because there was an interview on the radio which took part around dogs happily playing in the background.

My tibbie girls were fascinated.....they just lay watching the radio and would've liked it to go on longer!

They seemed disappointed when the segment ended. Because it was 'happy' sounds, the response seemed to be 'happy' interest.

I wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar with their own dog.

Silly as it may seem, but I wondered lately if recordings of 'happy' & excited dog play noises, would help entertain dogs when left home alone.

This happened because there was an interview on the radio which took part around dogs happily playing in the background.

My tibbie girls were fascinated.....they just lay watching the radio and would've liked it to go on longer!

They seemed disappointed when the segment ended. Because it was 'happy' sounds, the response seemed to be 'happy' interest.

I think you've stumbled upon something very interesting, Mita. I wonder if a DVD featuring dogs playing, high in positive vocalisations and perhaps with some kind of accompanying product that emitted a variety of interesting scents would make for a good Canine entertainment pack.

I think you've stumbled upon something very interesting, Mita. I wonder if a DVD featuring dogs playing, high in positive vocalisations and perhaps with some kind of accompanying product that emitted a variety of interesting scents would make for a good Canine entertainment pack.

It would be lots of fun. A DVD could be produced for a few bucks. . . . and might make a great stocking stuffer.

Or the whole thing could be compiled on one of the many audio sites that lets you download music.

Or maybe create something like a blog or wiki that allows contributing sound bites and then having someone assemble the lot.

Is there anyone listening that is tech savvy enough to help push this along? I only know enough to know it should be pretty easy, but there are too many options . . . I feel like I'm ordering from a Chinese menu with no English translations.

I know my smart phone does great sound recordings and I can download apps to work in many formats.

Anyone else interested in contributing dog recordings if we can come up with specs for format?