Boston Terrier

famouslastwords

Hey I hope its ok to ask this on here, I've been looking at getting a new dog and I've fallen in love with the Boston Terrier! but I was just wondering how much I should expect to pay for a pure breed Boston Terrier from a reputable breeder? Also does anyone happen to know of one in Adelaide :)

Thanks so much!

About $3000-$3500 and they are as rare as rocking horse poop. They are hardly ever advertised on the Dogzonline puppy listings (maybe twice in the past 4 years) and it's difficult to find breeders to even talk to.

But if that is the breed you want, don't give up, spend the time to introduce yourself to breeders and go from there.

Here's the breeder list for Australia/NZ on DOL:

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/breeders/boston-terrier.asp

I'd be inclined not to put limits on the area, you might need to go interstate. A few years back, I tried to find breeders to talk to about going on a waiting list for one, and I emailed a heap and never got a reply, rang a few and left messages and never got a response so I dropped it. You might be better off going to a dog show in Adelaide and seeing if you can find someone to talk to about them, although they don't seem to be in any quantity in SA.

There are other reasons to worry about Bostons. I think they're the sweetest of the brachycephalicbreeds and the best suited to smaller houses and urban lifestyles. But check out the health concerns before you consider buying. An expensive pup that has likely health problems is not something to covet.

Anyone serious about healthy Bostons? I'm in the US these days and thinking about returning to Oz Also thinking about shifting from my current breed (Labs) to something smaller and more suited to an old lady who thinks you should be able to lift any dog you own (I can still lift a 35 kg dog, but doubt that will continue for another decade). I'd welcome an opportunity to bring in some very healthy Bostons with me. By 'healthy' I mean free whelping, good temperament, tested or pedigree-based indication of being clear of significant genetic faults, maybe a bit longer in the snout, so as to allow for normal physiology. I'd be happy to work with someone on finding and exporting/importing a few quality dogs.