Penn Hip

dannyBC

Very interesting you saying about vets recommending Penn Hip, there are so few vets that have paid the fee to train to do Penn Hi. I believe there is only a handful of vets trained here in NSW.

Nope, there are LOADS according to the PennHIP site - find a practitioner - http://research.vet.upenn.edu/Default.aspx?TabId=3539

ETS, that they are trained to do the radiograph technique, all readings are done in the US still AFAIK

Edited by lils mum

I apologise the last time I did research into Penn Hip, there were only about 3 vets that were doing Penn-Hip. That was about 5 years ago.

It is interesting how many vets now seem to be doing Penn Hip. I still feel that without any breed information provided back to breeders or breed clubs it really has no place in a breeding program.

My other concern with Penn Hip is people with pet puppies coming back to breeders claiming their puppy has HD when it is less than 12 months old.

I apologise the last time I did research into Penn Hip, there were only about 3 vets that were doing Penn-Hip. That was about 5 years ago.

It is interesting how many vets now seem to be doing Penn Hip. I still feel that without any breed information provided back to breeders or breed clubs it really has no place in a breeding program.

My other concern with Penn Hip is people with pet puppies coming back to breeders claiming their puppy has HD when it is less than 12 months old.

Well Yes I've had 2 pet people come back to me after their Vet has diagnosed HD..... One was 18weeks old the other 8mths... Both have high laxity????

Until research proves to me how different breeds cope with Laxity??? I think this is useless information...

I'm very frustrated...