Advertising Your Dogs

Topoftheheap

interesting points made... i know of a pointer bitch in Vic ATM who is a regular winner. Grp line up everyone rolls their eyes and says bet the pointer gets it... but thing is SHE SHOULD she is stunning!!... but unfortunatly many sour people are missing her quality and just being upset they or their friends didnt win... thats showing!! I do think adds should be limited to the dog only. But if we put rules about what people write it will get crazy and way too technical!! Using the example used earlier stating champion bloodlines wiht only one or two CH. in the line... it's still got them in there... so technically they can say that and its not a lie...

i dont know if rules would make it better or worse to tell u the truth..

The points that everyone has brought up are the things that have led me to ask this question.

And im not suggesting the dog should be generic by any means - that's exactly what im against!

Maybe some rules could include:

- no handler's featuring in the ads, or at least thier faces not prominent!

- no photoshopping of dogs

- and truth in advertising (a point i think the media as a whole needs to address but that's another issue!)

that way, it is the DOGS being judged!

That reminds me of an advert placed in the dog press (full page) mentioning a particular well known handler from europe and his 'famous green shoes' and I've seen other handlers who have distinctive footwear - got to catch the judges eye as they look at the dogs!

Haha, I remember a story about a handler who always wore the same color jacket so they would be recognised.

Well people got fed up and almost the entire group turned up wearing the same color jacket one day :rofl: