Help For Questions In A Survey

casowner

Thanks Raz I have changed the purebreed/cross breed to the actual breed of dog as suggested earlier as when I thought about it it made sense and then that eliminates the need for toy/med etc. It will also help with products as then I can evaluate them better as I said with braccy breeds etc. I will give them all a free bag of treats for filling it out anyway but simplifying the questions is a great idea.

Health products wise we already stock things like sashas blend, pernease powder, rescue remedies and other types of things so I would be interested to look for treats etc that can be used on dogs with specific health issues. Some dogs on restricted diets can not have many treats but there are some on the market that are considered ok. It would help with signage in the shop etc and I could make a designated treat area for those conditions but if it isn't worth the expense I won't bother.

I am going to do a bit right done the bottom with a dotted line that says OPTIONAL QUESTION and mention (and I haven't worded it as yet) asking about where they purchased their pet and my reasons for asking. This information will also help me with my promotions as next year I am going to look at holding different events/educational evenings for members. If there is a high percentage of shelter dogs then I can base them around that, as I mentioned I want to continue with the breed ambassadors. If there is a lot of pet shops then I can look at starting up Puppy Parlour Pre School which is similiar to Puppy Pre School but more targeting to handling/grooming techniques of long coated dogs which is predominantly what pet shop puppies are. There is the BIS Shrapnel report that has some statistics regarding pet shops etc but I want to aim my business changes towards what suits my customers. We will be selling the shop in a couple of years and last time nearly everyone that wanted it had the intention of selling puppies which I didn't want so this time I am trying to set the business up in a way that it would be detrimental to the new owner to do that. As I said there is no shop that sells pups near us and we are in a high income area so it would be very desirable to some people to put them in.

My survey would look something like this:

1) Age of dog - This is important to know so you know how much senior, regular or puppy food to stock. Also gives an idea of things like puppy wormers etc.

2) Coat length (short, medium, long hair)- This gives you an idea of what grooming products to stock such as brushes, combs and shampoos relating to each coat length.

3) Activity level - It's important to know how much exercise the dog gets. If a lot of people exercise their dogs frequently you can try out new equipment for walking such as bike attachments, special grip leads, harnesses etc.

4)Size of dog (small, medium, large, giant) - Another food related question and helps with sizing for collars, bowls, flea treatment etc.

5) Health issues - (please specify) - Knowing what illnesses dogs have will help you know what health related products to stock.

Breed doesn't come into it if you are asking about coat length and size. Where the dog comes from has no impact on the business.

My survey would look something like this:

1) Age of dog - This is important to know so you know how much senior, regular or puppy food to stock. Also gives an idea of things like puppy wormers etc.

2) Coat length (short, medium, long hair)- This gives you an idea of what grooming products to stock such as brushes, combs and shampoos relating to each coat length.

3) Activity level - It's important to know how much exercise the dog gets. If a lot of people exercise their dogs frequently you can try out new equipment for walking such as bike attachments, special grip leads, harnesses etc.

4)Size of dog (small, medium, large, giant) - Another food related question and helps with sizing for collars, bowls, flea treatment etc.

5) Health issues - (please specify) - Knowing what illnesses dogs have will help you know what health related products to stock.

Breed doesn't come into it if you are asking about coat length and size. Where the dog comes from has no impact on the business.

I like this.

I can also see how breed may be relevant though. For example, I go to a special pet shop that sells breed-specific stuff like calenders, note paper, keyrings, T-shirts, dog collars etc.

If lots of your clients are purebred owners, then they may also be interested in this sort of stiff