What's The Difference Between An Amstaff At A Show

Clicking Mad

picked up what looked to me to be a purebred American Staffordshire Terrier last week, well he literally joined us on our morning walk, so I did what I would always do with a friendly stray dog, get him safe in my backyard and call the council

in hindsight I'm not sure that was such a bright idea

to me he looked the same as any Amstaff I've seen at a show, he was entire, well looked after, could sit and drop, and retrieved the ball like someone had taught him, brought it back to my feet, of course he was missing a collar/tags or I would have just called the owner straight up

I think he may have been better off turned back out into the street so his owner could find him, or he could find his own way home, I couldn't do that, he wasn't road savvy, I guess a trip to the vet could have confirmed a microchip ... I couldn't keep him, even for a few hours (I wouldn't let any new dog stay in my backyard, and I had to get to work) I don't know what else to do in this situation?

I only hope that he was being looked for, and papered ... how else would he have survived?

Edited by Clicking Mad

Yep I usually take Any strays to the vet first (if they have no id on them) to check if they have an M/C that keeps them out of the pound system especially if they could be a restricted breed or mistaken for one. If I pick them up a 2nd time then they go to the pound or RSPCA so the owner has to pay money to get the dog back.

Hope he had a family looking and ended uo home.