Shy Puppy.. Apparently

minimiss

Where abouts are you? There are some good puppy schools run by proper trainers - not vet nurses, who are trained to be vet nurses, not trainers or behaviourists.

I'm in Sydenham..

You're right - This morning I was looking through the review handouts given at the session and it's basically stock standard information you'll find in any generic puppy training...

I'm trying to be positive about it by thinking 'perhaps she's a great nurse, just not a great puppy preschool teacher, but the way she handled Benny makes me think otherwise. Wouldn't basic handling and fear be part of vet nurse training too? :confused:

If you're in sydenham there is a very reputable obedience school that does puppy classes just down the road from you:

http://fourpawsk9training.com.au/

It's in Keilor Downs, very popular, and is nationally accredited.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts are you? There are some good puppy schools run by proper trainers - not vet nurses, who are trained to be vet nurses, not trainers or behaviourists.

I'm in Sydenham..

You're right - This morning I was looking through the review handouts given at the session and it's basically stock standard information you'll find in any generic puppy training...

I'm trying to be positive about it by thinking 'perhaps she's a great nurse, just not a great puppy preschool teacher, but the way she handled Benny makes me think otherwise. Wouldn't basic handling and fear be part of vet nurse training too? :confused:

If you're in sydenham there is a very reputable obedience school that does puppy classes just down the road from you:

http://fourpawsk9training.com.au/

It's in Keilor Downs, very popular, and is nationally accredited.

Thanks! I did see this one too and was wondering about it! :thumbsup: Definitely something to ponder on!