Women Sues To Prove Dogs Are 'living Souls' Not Property

berly

The case isn't about buying from a pet shop though, it's about how the law recognises animals. If they're treated as objects that can be owned, pet shops (etc) will be able to be held responsible for the puppies they sell. If a precedent is set and pet shops are more likely to be held accountable, they will surely think twice about what they sell and where they source it.

I don't think it's particularly helpful thinking about "the animal rights movement" as not wanting anyone owning animals. It's creating a big bogeyman conspiracy; like "the left" and "the right" as supposedly coherent beings.

The suit seeks to hold the store liable for the dog’s pain and suffering, as well as its medical bills, as if it were a person rather than an inanimate product.

This is the dangerous bit. It could have repercussions for registered breeders as well as pet shops.

And so it should,they should all be accountable

HEAR HEAR! And so say all of us!

Souff has long considered launching legal action in respect of all the inherited health problems I copped.

I would like to sue for squillions.

Nobody checked any pedigrees or ran tests for inherited conditions in my pedigree!

They just jumped between the sheets and to hell with the consequences. Being respectably married people it was all legal of course and that was all that mattered to them.

They definitely should all be held accountable.

On the female line there was a known history of problems .... but did they care?

Oh no, they just said that you must have got that from great-aunty Liz. Gee thanks, great aunty Liz.

On the male line they often tended to drop off their tree early because of faulty valves and things.

Another known history of genetic defects. And still they kept on breeding!

Half of them should have been neutered, I swear.

And people complain about dog breeders and pet shops!!!!!

They don't even come close to what humans get up to when it comes to reproduction!

Yes, they should ALL be held accountable. Sue, sue, sue!

Souff