Flying Dogs

mikelli

Qantas allows for dogs that fit in PP40 or smaller to go as excess baggage from selected airports. Otherwise it's $ per kg.

Virgin has flat rates for weight ranges.

Just wondering if any of the air companies still allow you to take dogs as excess baggage or do you have to pay the full per kg rate for them???

Qantas allows for dogs that fit in PP40 or smaller to go as excess baggage from selected airports. Otherwise it's $ per kg.

Just wondering if any of the air companies still allow you to take dogs as excess baggage or do you have to pay the full per kg rate for them???

+1

+1

Thank you for your replies :thumbsup:

Wayrod, do you know if there is a limited number of dogs per flight for Qantas?

I believe last time I flew with Qantas (about 12mths ago) they had the same limit of dogs per flight! so if you want to fly with your animals, you'd better book early to avoid disapointment! ;)

Edgesmum, you have to book no more than 5 months in advance - we tried LOL

I always thought there was a limit but a friend was told recently if you are a passenger on the flight the dog will be accepted regardless of how many were already booked. That didn't seem right to me and often the bookings people seem to get things wrong ;)