Casserole Recipes

Guest lavendergirl

Good for you for wanting to feed a more natural and wholesome diet. I don't have any suggestions regarding casseroles - I know I have seen some recipes on here for biscuits etc. As others have said there are much easier ways to feed and I am finding it is best - in the long term - to keep it as simple as possible. Perhaps do a search on the DOL pages for recipes?

The biscuit recipes are for treats only though, they are not a complete diet for a dog.

When food is cooked the nutrional value is decreased. Also, dogs need calcium from bones and you can't feed a dog cooked bones which is why you'll find it very hard to find good cooked dog food recipes. It isn't about convenience, it is about nutrition.

You could also give Vets All Natural a go - you soak the mix in water o/night and then add it to fresh meat. I think there is a thread in the Health section at the moment. They are also an advertiser on DOL so you can click on the banner ad and get taken to their store.

my "casserole" - usually lasts 2 weeks fed 50/50 with biscuits

mince

rice

mix veggies

boil.

stir!

mince gets changed up - lamb-beef-pork(this one stinks!) and chicken.

sometimes gets pasta instead of rice.

pretty simple recipe but both dogs are doing well on it.

luna gets fed twice as much as spider but still doesn't put on weight! any ideas to fatten her up more? i think she just burns off more. being 8 months old and all lol spider is a lazy ass