Vet Recommendation In St George Area

Hi everyone,

A workmate is very concerned about her 8 year old cocker spaniel who has developed a limp over the last week or so. When she and her mum took her to the vet, he found "no issues" with him. More or less saying it's just a bit of soreness that the dog would get over in a few days. He recommended no medication whatsoever, nothing said about any tendency or issues within the breed. He didn't recommend any tests or scans. I was quite upset upon hearing this- surely, no dog is going to walking with a limp for days if there is not a problem!

Apparently this is just their local vet hospital, luckily up to this point, they have been lucky to have a illness free, healthy dog. They have only ever needed to take him in for his annual injections etc; and every time they go in, they see a different vet. Compared with the wonderful vet that I take my girl to, it sounds just like a supermarket. She is very keen in finding a good vet somewhere around the St George area (Kogarah, Carlton) to take doggie to for a second opinion and to get a much better level of care.

Can anyone please please recommend a good vet in this region. It would be great to take him in for a proper diagnosis asap I think.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

truehorseaddict