Community Photographic Project

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place or shouldn't be posted, I just saw it & thought it was a fabulous idea.

The Pine St Creative Arts Centre is holding a photography project for rescue pooches. It's run in conjunction with the City of Sydney council so I don't suppose it's open to other areas, but I can't find anything to say it's not :)

"With the aim of creating awareness about abandoned, surrendered and neglected dogs, the My Human Family community photographic project invites our rescued four legged friends and their humans to submit family photos and share their personal stories.

A selection of photos will be chosen by a panel of judges, and exhibited at Pine Street’s community gallery. The exhibition images and stories will also feature in a catalogue and a series of postcards. An enlargement of the photo, a catalogue and a postcard will be given to each family as a ‘thank you’.

All photos submitted will become part of the online image gallery (see link above).

The launch of My Human Family on Saturday 7 July 2012 will be a fun day out for all dogs and their families. Rescued and non-rescued dogs will have the chance to bring their families out and show them off, pose for a family portrait at the doggy photo booth, sniff old and new friends and create awareness for dogs that need a new home."[/Quote]

Website is here http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/pinestreet/MyHumanFamily/default.html