Phenergan For Dog Allergy

GSDowner

Yeah - I understand (vaguely) that there is a difference between "allergy" and "intolerance". I must admit that what I have read in terms to the differences confuses me somewhat and so I'm not entirely clear on how they are so divided. In fact, I get the impression that there is somehow a link between the two. Whether it is that the intolerance can develop to an allergy (which is the only way I am so far able to understand it) or not, I'm not sure. But still, IF there is a link between the two, then the saliva test result would surely give some direction???

In people, the difference between an intolerance and an allergy is pretty easy to tell apart.

With, say for example, a food allergy - even a tiny bit of the thing you are allergic to will cause a reaction.

With a food intolerance, you can eat the thing you are intolerant to, until your body reaches your threshold. When you cross that threshold, you will have a reaction.

sometimes your threshold for something is low, sometimes it is high.

Yeah - I understand (vaguely) that there is a difference between "allergy" and "intolerance". I must admit that what I have read in terms to the differences confuses me somewhat and so I'm not entirely clear on how they are so divided. In fact, I get the impression that there is somehow a link between the two. Whether it is that the intolerance can develop to an allergy (which is the only way I am so far able to understand it) or not, I'm not sure. But still, IF there is a link between the two, then the saliva test result would surely give some direction???

In people, the difference between an intolerance and an allergy is pretty easy to tell apart.

With, say for example, a food allergy - even a tiny bit of the thing you are allergic to will cause a reaction.

With a food intolerance, you can eat the thing you are intolerant to, until your body reaches your threshold. When you cross that threshold, you will have a reaction.

sometimes your threshold for something is low, sometimes it is high.

Thank you, jr_inoz. That makes perfect sense and the "food intolerance" description fits my boy to a "T". Mind you, I think there would be a connection between Food Intolerance and Allergy, as I presume it is possible for the body to become allergic after having had an intolerance reaction to the particular protein source/s. ??? Just my guess, but it would make sense to me. Stand to be corrected though.

Edited by Erny

• 2 weeks later...

My dog got better :thumbsup:

Thanks so much to everyone for helping :grouphug:

and hopefully he is getting the right dose

I hope I understood correctly that for a 40kg dog

the dose would be 80mg daily = 1mg/kg twice daily (?)

Edited by GSDowner