Canidae Dog Food

Cavamum

I was at the Pet expo today and picked up some samples of Canidae dry dog food. I thought that since it is gluten free, corn free and is supposed to be natural etc I might give it a try. Does anyone know where it ranks in the pet food scale? Anyone tried it?

I absolutely LOVE it for our rescue dogs. I have a number of friends who also use it. The dogs seem to choose whether they like the Lamb or the Fish or whatever but I've had no problems in finding one that would tempt their tase buds.

Bella is on Royal Canin Hypoallergenic at the moment but it is $70 a bag and that is not the big bag! So I tried her on Eukanuba and she is not crazy about it...my cats didn't like it either. The Eukanuba didn't seem to give her an allergy or upset which is great but like I said, she doesn't really like it. I gave her a few of the Canidae today and she liked it and no tummy upset.

We bought 20kg between the dogs and gave it a few months, going from Purina Pro Plan to the PureSea type from Canadae. It stank terribly; the dogs only ever ate it wet which stank even more, they lost condition and had to eat more and more to handle their energy requirements. We're back using Purina Pro Plan now, I don't even remember why I considered switching.

The lady at pet barn recommended Purina Pro plan Sensitive skin and stomach, the vet said the hypoallergenic (of course that is a veterinary product) and they will want to sell their own product. Thank you for the advice.

The lady at pet barn recommended Purina Pro plan Sensitive skin and stomach, the vet said the hypoallergenic (of course that is a veterinary product) and they will want to sell their own product, you look at the top 10 list and royal Canin isn't there, but that also depends on who is doing the poll or research! Thank you for the advice. It is good to get a wide range of opinions on dog food.

Edited by Bellackcs

Guest lavendergirl

Canidae is rated a "5 star" kibble. This is a very good site for analysis of the various kibbles:

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

I can't remember if Pro Plan has corn and/or beet pulp but I decided against it because of the inclusion of a controversial Vitamin K derivative as well.

Taste of the Wild is also getting quite good reviews - there is thread here somewhere about that as well. :)

Canidae is rated a "5 star" kibble. This is a very good site for analysis of the various kibbles:

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

I can't remember if Pro Plan has corn and/or beet pulp but I decided against it because of the inclusion of a controversial Vitamin K derivative as well.

Taste of the Wild is also getting quite good reviews - there is thread here somewhere about that as well. :)

That site is great! Thank you!