Berwick & District A & H Society Champ Show - 25th February

Waggy

So, Melb. Temp forecast is 38, yet all temps this side of city (i.e. Scorsby, Moe, Wonthaggi etc) are below that according to channel 2. So (as I am new to this) is it the 'local' temp. Or the Melbourne temp, we go by? Is it ever announced / posted officially on the website?

Thanks Jbea for posting this question....I too am a newbie and I was thinking the exact same thing especially as I had entered this show. My dog was one of the first in the ring so I was going to go hoping to get it over and done with before the heat hit but wont be going now, as I am asumming we go buy the Melb forcasted temp and not the suburbs?? Very dissapointed that it wont be on but also relieved as I hate the heat and dont like to see dogs suffering in it either.

You go off the Melb temp.

Often it is officially announced and then is spread around via various methods DOL/ozshow/FB/DOGSvic - Has since been announced by the show sec on FB

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Swayd. Happy now that we didn't go it is a stinker out there and nice to be sitting in the air-conditioned lounge having a quiet drink.

Another question I have being a newbie is, what now happens to all the monies paid for entry and catalogues? I know it seems to be noted on all dog show ads that in the event of the show being cancelled no refunds will be issued..... so we are entering knowing the risk.

There were 586 dogs entered all paying $11 and at least half have also would of purchased a catalogue so doing the maths that comes to just under $8000. I am just guessing here but I suppose Judges that were due to judge will still be paid and catalogues that were printed would still have to be covered. What happens to the rest of it?. I am only out of pocket $16, but feel for those that may of had several dogs entered and also may of had to pay for accommodation etc.

Do shows get rescheduled at a later date?