Dog Fighting Ring May Be Behind Pets Death

Staffyluv

Link

A dog-fighting ring may be behind the death of a pit bull terrier discovered with bite marks on its head in Victoria.

RSPCA inspector Simon Primrose said the American breed dog was found with a plastic bag tied around its head on a vacant lot in the coastal suburb of Tootgarook, on the Mornington Penisula, The Age reported.

"The dog had injuries such as puncture wounds to the head that could be consistent with dog fighting," he said.

He said the investigation had not ruled out dog fighting as a possibility.

Mr Primrose said there had been a number of suspected cases of dog-fighting in the area, including one in the nearby suburb of Rosebud.

He said it was difficult to gain information about dog-fighting "because it is usually linked to other organised crimes".

The dog had been microchipped and the owner has been contacted.

A person found guilty of dog fighting could face two years in jail or a fine of up to $60,000, as well as be banned from owning an animal for 10 years.

How terribly sad... :cry:

Horrible, just horrible :(

A BSL page on facebook reported this morning that a little SBT pup that had been missing (numerous people had re-posted a youtube clip about his disappearance in the last day or so) had been killed and dumped back on his owners doorstep. He had died of mauling injuries. This happened in Qld. What is the world coming to? :cry:

Guest lavendergirl

A BSL page on facebook reported this morning that a little SBT pup that had been missing (numerous people had re-posted a youtube clip about his disappearance in the last day or so) had been killed and dumped back on his owners doorstep. He had died of mauling injuries. This happened in Qld. What is the world coming to? :cry:

Do you know where in Qld HollyMilo? Your pups are very cute also :)

I don't know if this is the same pup you are talking about, but there was a 15 week old SBT pup that had been missing from his owners place since last Wednesday, I was looking on face book to see if there was any further reports on him, but nothing. He is from near Rocky.

I don't know if this is the same pup you are talking about, but there was a 15 week old SBT pup that had been missing from his owners place since last Wednesday, I was looking on face book to see if there was any further reports on him, but nothing. He is from near Rocky.

Devlin the pup taken from Bouldercombe is the one who was killed then returned to his home.

Devlin the pup taken from Bouldercombe is the one who was killed then returned to his home.

Poor little buggar, Devlin was a gorgeous looking pup. Was hoping for good news, but so sad. His owners and breeder must be absolutely devastated.

:( It is so heartbreaking :(

I read about Devlin this morning before work and just sat on my bed and cried... No animal deserves that, especially not a little pup.

I hope they find who is responsible for both of these and treat them with the cruelty THEY deserve

Poor little buggar, Devlin was a gorgeous looking pup. Was hoping for good news, but so sad. His owners and breeder must be absolutely devastated.

Yes, Devlin is the pup I was referring to.

It is just beyond comprehension that someone could be so cruel as to tie a plastic bag around a dogs head or return the body of a baby puppy, who has not only died but has been mauled, to it's distraught owners home. I shudder to think these unfeeling 'things' are walking around among us.

I can't even think of what these poor dogs go through when this happens! To have such friendly loving dogs die a horrid death just breaks my heart.

There has to be something we can do to raise awareness that this is going on, apparently a lot of staffies have been going missing in SEQld lately. Someone out there has to know something! The monsters responsible need to pay for what they've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest lavendergirl

How anyone can look into their trusting little smiling faces and hurt them is beyond any comprehension - where are these people being bred? :mad