Vet Gen

scrappynsuzie

Hi,

I have had my dogs swabs sent to vetgen in november last year, my credit card payment was taken in December.

Has anyone had their dogs tested and how long does it usually take for the results to be returned.

I have tried emailing but have had no reply,

I'm not sure if I'm being too anxious and it usualy takes this long, although it does say on the website that results usually take 2-3 weeks.

I will try and ring the Aus rep today

If anyone can let me know

cheers

You used GenTest in Aust who sent them to Vet Gen in the States?

If so I had nothing but trouble with them, took months for results and I had to constantly call/email etc only to be greeted with rude responses.

Finally got my results 4 months later !

And the kicker - One was inconclusive, yep wasted $100 for something I could have taken a 50/50 guess on myself ! (was colour testing)

The beagle breeders have had nothing but issues with GenTest recently over the FVII tests. People have been waiting 4 months for results and still don't have them.

I paid the extra and went direct through the US and got my results back in about a 6 week turn around. Cost me a bit more, but I didn't have to wait 4 months for the results.

Some results that are being sent out have been received by GenTest WEEKS before she's actually passed them on. I don't like that she gets the results, puts them in a "certificate" and sends them on. There's a rather large margin for error there with results being written wrong, or given for the incorrect animal.

Short of it.. if I've gone direct through VetGen, I've had no issues. But going through the Australia Rep has been hopeless.

Adding to that, they found another mutation after quite a few tests had been done and ended up re-testing all beagles and results have changed for a few. I emailed VetGen requesting that all retests be sent to the person who requested the test, not the agent in australia and they agreed after the CEO read my concerns. But alas, all results have gone to GenTest and she received a whole heap last Friday morning and they are still dribbling out to the owners now.

Edited by Asalei

finally received my test results after a few emails and phone calls.

The aus rep had it since January but just hadn't sent it out. Not really good enough when people are waiting to mate dogs on the results of the tests.

Will be using another firm next time