Mobile Groomers Perth Eastern 'burbs

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

I know there are mobile dog washers, but are there also mobile groomers? I would like to have my little guy properly and professionally clipped, but I really don't want to take him and leave him at a groomers. I want to be there while he is groomed. I'm looking for someone to come out to the North Eastern Suburbs.

I try to do him myself but he looks like he's been done with a knife and fork :laugh:

There are plenty of mobile ,most arent good & i doubt to many will allow you to stay & watch.It is harder work to groom a dog with the owner sitting there or walking about ,Dog moves & the risk of an accident is to high plus it takes far longer .

Plus many groom in there van or trailer so no extra space for people

If you want to watch to learn then you need to ask the groomer because explaining things as you go is very time consuming & you would get charged more .

They should be listed in the yellow pages & then its a case of pot luck

Guest Arcane

There are plenty of mobile ,most arent good & i doubt to many will allow you to stay & watch.It is harder work to groom a dog with the owner sitting there or walking about ,Dog moves & the risk of an accident is to high plus it takes far longer .

If you want to watch to learn then you need to ask the groomer because explaining things as you go is very time consuming & you would get charged more .

^ very good post, I agree 100%.

It is very hard to work on a dog with the owners about. The dog is much less focused on the groomer and usually fusses & fidgets to get to mummy or daddy. Increases our 'handling' of the dog, increases risk of injury and adds time. It also does not allow us to build a relationship with your dog and does not let the dog start to learn about being at the groomer.

I have always run my salon by grooming each dog as an individual, so from the time they come in until they leave they get my full attention, and most small dogs turn around in under 1.5 hrs. I also have a comfortable client lounge where some owners choose to watch TV or read. I have a very strict rule about the lounge....owners must be quiet and remain IN the lounge area out of sight of the dog. Between the short turn over time & individual attention, as well as the lounge area, I am able to appease even the most nervous of client. i do find people only use the lounge once, and on subsequent appt's usually drop off and collect. Perhaps try to find a salon with a similar ethic.

Good luck

Guest Willow

It is very hard to work on a dog with the owners about. The dog is much less focused on the groomer and usually fusses & fidgets to get to mummy or daddy. Increases our 'handling' of the dog, increases risk of injury and adds time. It also does not allow us to build a relationship with your dog and does not let the dog start to learn about being at the groomer.

I have always run my salon by grooming each dog as an individual, so from the time they come in until they leave they get my full attention, and most small dogs turn around in under 1.5 hrs. I also have a comfortable client lounge where some owners choose to watch TV or read. I have a very strict rule about the lounge....owners must be quiet and remain IN the lounge area out of sight of the dog. Between the short turn over time & individual attention, as well as the lounge area, I am able to appease even the most nervous of client. i do find people only use the lounge once, and on subsequent appt's usually drop off and collect. Perhaps try to find a salon with a similar ethic.

Good luck

Your place sounds lovely! :D

The reason I would prefer someone to come to the house is because I have a toddler and a 5 month old, and I have just dumped taking the whole gang out to the groomers in the "too hard" basket!!! :laugh: The main reason i would want to be there is because having worked in vet clinics, and watched a lot (but not all) groomers in action I feel uncomfortable with how they may handle him without me watching. I've seen things, and read stories on here that make me cringe. That's no offence to the great groomers out there, but I feel like I'm taking a gamble with my dog leaving him with a groomer i don't know.

Guest Arcane

Good luck

Your place sounds lovely! :D

The reason I would prefer someone to come to the house is because I have a toddler and a 5 month old, and I have just dumped taking the whole gang out to the groomers in the "too hard" basket!!! :laugh: The main reason i would want to be there is because having worked in vet clinics, and watched a lot (but not all) groomers in action I feel uncomfortable with how they may handle him without me watching. I've seen things, and read stories on here that make me cringe. That's no offence to the great groomers out there, but I feel like I'm taking a gamble with my dog leaving him with a groomer i don't know.

I sympathise. I doubt i'd have the nerve to leave my own dogs at a randomly chosen groomer and Ive been at it for 25 yrs!

I don't know any mobile groomers who are near your area Willow , but we have a lovely lady called Maria in Landsdale who does our rescues for free ...........she is lovely and very gentle .......the most timid and neglected dogs we take to her seem to do very well there :-)

Guest Willow

I don't know any mobile groomers who are near your area Willow , but we have a lovely lady called Maria in Landsdale who does our rescues for free ...........she is lovely and very gentle .......the most timid and neglected dogs we take to her seem to do very well there :-)

Where is she based?