How To Deal With Fleas?

Lambo

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

I forgot to mention that we have also tried the capster tablets. We purchased a six pack and gave our dog one tablet each day for three days. I think we then gave him another tablet each day we saw another flea after that (as per the directions on the box). That didn't work either.

As for the frontline, I forgot to mention that we usually apply it about 2 or 3 hours after his bath, sometimes the next morning, when his hair has fully dried out.

Regarding washing his bedding in the eucalyptus oil, how much do I use?

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

I forgot to mention that we have also tried the capster tablets. We purchased a six pack and gave our dog one tablet each day for three days. I think we then gave him another tablet each day we saw another flea after that (as per the directions on the box). That didn't work either.

As for the frontline, I forgot to mention that we usually apply it about 2 or 3 hours after his bath, sometimes the next morning, when his hair has fully dried out.

Regarding washing his bedding in the eucalyptus oil, how much do I use?

Thanks again.

The Capstar only killed the fleas that were on your dog, it cannot treat your environment that is why it didn't work. Capstar is excellent if you take your dog into a flea infestation, you can treat the dog before you bring it home and prevent infestation of your house and yard, or if you bring a new pet home that has fleas.

Unless you are treating your environment as well you are simply wasting time and money.

Capstar should be helping with fleas your dog currently has, but unless you've also used a product to help repell or treated as much fleas as possible in the environment then the fleas will just return. As for topic treatments, they are generally recommened to be applied 24-48 hours before or after washing the dog/cat as the product does not spread over the dogs body properly because the wash has just removed a lot of the oils from the coat.

I use Sentinel and after the initial first few months where it needed a bit of time to "kick in" I haven't had a flea problem in years. In the early days I used it in conjunction with the occassional "Capstar" if a flea was found. It's so easy as it covers intestinal worms and heartworm too.