Groomers Comp Livestream

smisch

1334615039[/url]' post='5801745']
1334583993[/url]' post='5801652']

Ok watch some.

What are the rules, are you allowed thinning shears and scissors for some parts? Are you allowed to use any tools? Do you have to belong to a grooming centre to do these comps? What is the time frame allowed to get it done?

Miss moo as far as I know there are different rules for each class as to what you can and can't use, like hand strip you can't use clippers or you have time deducted, the time is worked out by what skill your doing and how big the dog is. Like for instance Darkrai had 2 hours to handstrip micah as she was 14inches and under if she was bigger then 16inches he would have had 2.25hrs

Most of these people own their own salon or work in a salon but anyone who registers to be a member of PIAA can do a groom, not 100% sure on that though as everyone there yesterday was a groomer or a learning groomer.. Theres different qualifications as to what class your in.. Next comp Darkrai will be in Open as he has won at novice level..

Lol I'm considering learning how to do my own dog and doing a comp.. Hehehehe I can do a gooooood lowchen well show prep anyway lol!!

I got too lazy today to travel back to syd so I'm now watching the poodles from the comfort of my bed! 10:30 start they should be amazing.. Then it's groomers best in show :D where the. Best in group winners of each class go for best in show and the winer of that takes $1000

So there will be the best terrier, best Gundog, best breed scissor, best freestyle and best poodle..

I've been trying to with but not much happening?

Its up and running now.. they're all scissoring poodles atm.

Ok watch some.

What are the rules, are you allowed thinning shears and scissors for some parts? Are you allowed to use any tools? Do you have to belong to a grooming centre to do these comps? What is the time frame allowed to get it done?

Miss moo as far as I know there are different rules for each class as to what you can and can't use, like hand strip you can't use clippers or you have time deducted, the time is worked out by what skill your doing and how big the dog is. Like for instance Darkrai had 2 hours to handstrip micah as she was 14inches and under if she was bigger then 16inches he would have had 2.25hrs

Most of these people own their own salon or work in a salon but anyone who registers to be a member of PIAA can do a groom, not 100% sure on that though as everyone there yesterday was a groomer or a learning groomer.. Theres different qualifications as to what class your in.. Next comp Darkrai will be in Open as he has won at novice level..

Lol I'm considering learning how to do my own dog and doing a comp.. Hehehehe I can do a gooooood lowchen well show prep anyway lol!!

I got too lazy today to travel back to syd so I'm now watching the poodles from the comfort of my bed! 10:30 start they should be amazing.. Then it's groomers best in show :D where the. Best in group winners of each class go for best in show and the winer of that takes $1000

So there will be the best terrier, best Gundog, best breed scissor, best freestyle and best poodle..

I've been trying to with but not much happening?

Its up and running now.. they're all scissoring poodles atm.

and a guy,, annoyingly keeps walking in front of the camera on purpose - someone rang him on his mobile obviously and is telling him to do it...

There is a grooming competition as part of the adelaide royal - Someone I know groomed a sheltie and came second overall. I was interested in seeing a double coated breed being groomed here - assume I've missed that? Is there a replay I could watch - there don't seem to be any on the clips at the bottom.

there should be clips at the bottom. no one did double coated breeds. naaah theer are people constantly moving around the area they have to work in is really small and there are judges constantly on the move

In the terrier and gundog class which was the AM session there was a schnauzer, 2 lakies, a welshie and a wire foxie and an american cocker

PM session which was breed scissoring and freestyle being run at the same time there was a bichon or 2, a poodle, 2 bedlingtons and a few poodle Xs

I guess it just depends on what people want to do. Like we were looking at getting my sheltie down for a groom but he was too old for the comp sadly =( I think as well its easier to make certain breeds look better as your supposed to make a significant difference to the coat and most of those breeds its easier then your bcs and stuff that there isnt as much fancy work to do.. jmho

ETA its just the toys that are finished minis and standards are still going :thumbsup:

Freaked me out there lol Im await to see if my favourite wins their class.. I hope so!

Edited by smisch

I know the nexxt comp is august at castlehill but unsure if its an open comp that people can come watch..

:thumbsup: Im happy who I wanted to win won so now waiting for best in show.. crossing fingers to see who walks away with it all!!