Belly Bands

westiemum

Hi All,

Please can I have some DOL collective wisdom and advice.

I have bought a belly band for Mac, my old westie with mild early dementia as intermittently he's dribbling... not badly... But it seems to be getting a bit more frequent.

When I put the belly band on him with a poise pad, he wees straight away - so it seems to me it's defeating the purpose.

What am I doing wrong? Or have I missed something in my tiredness of the last few days?

Thanks for any advice - I'm sure I'm overlooking something bleeding obvious!

Oh and please spell it out - I'm really weary at he moment so need things specific and clear! :)

When are you putting the band on? Might it be putting pressure on his bladder when you put it on and be making him wee? If you aren't already, maybe put it on after he's had a wee outside, and this might help him stop going when you put it on.

Hi All,

Please can I have some DOL collective wisdom and advice.

I have bought a belly band for Mac, my old westie with mild early dementia as intermittently he's dribbling... not badly... But it seems to be getting a bit more frequent.

When I put the belly band on him with a poise pad, he wees straight away - so it seems to me it's defeating the purpose.

What am I doing wrong? Or have I missed something in my tiredness of the last few days?

Thanks for any advice - I'm sure I'm overlooking something bleeding obvious!

Oh and please spell it out - I'm really weary at he moment so need things specific and clear! :)

Have you talked to your vet about it? I have a rescue dog that had a huge bladder stone removed and was still dripping and my vet put him on Propalin which stopped the problem.

Thanks PP - I didn't think of that - I've always put it down to his dementia. But your're right - I do need to have it checked out.

And FR - yes I knew I'd missed something bleeding obvious - thanks very much for that. Will give it a go. :)

In the meantime, any other suggestions about belly band management or training? :)