Barking

SK we've had loads of success with the Dogtra Y300. IMO it's the best anti bark collar on the market.

Thanks Huski, that's the one Steve recommended too.

I have read a few negative reviews saying that particular collar can be set off by other dogs barking and/or loud noises though due to the sensor? If that's the case it probably wouldn't be ideal in my situation as she may end up copping the stim for the neighbours dogs barking instead! Hence I was also looking at the tritronics which (from my limited understanding) works on vibration sensors?

SK we've had loads of success with the Dogtra Y300. IMO it's the best anti bark collar on the market.

Thanks Huski, that's the one Steve recommended too.

I have read a few negative reviews saying that particular collar can be set off by other dogs barking and/or loud noises though due to the sensor? If that's the case it probably wouldn't be ideal in my situation as she may end up copping the stim for the neighbours dogs barking instead! Hence I was also looking at the tritronics which (from my limited understanding) works on vibration sensors?

We sell both collars (and many others) and honestly find the YS300 to be the best. The YS300 is made for multiple dog homes so the technology is designed to recognise and filter the dog's bark from surrounding noise, it has a dual function sensor.

Okay, thanks for the info. It's possible that the technology may have improved since the reviews I read were posted too? smile.gif I'll go back and check the dates..

Just out of curiosity, do you have a returns policy if the collar turns out not to be suitable? (ie doesn't work for the dog for whatever reason?)

Okay, thanks for the info. It's possible that the technology may have improved since the reviews I read were posted too? smile.gif I'll go back and check the dates..

Just out of curiosity, do you have a returns policy if the collar turns out not to be suitable? (ie doesn't work for the dog for whatever reason?)

If the collar was faulty, it would be covered by the warranty you get from Dogtra. But there isn't a trial period where you can use the collar then return it after using it :)

I had a dog who took to attacking the fence and even jumping up. Unfortunately the German Shepherd on the neighbour's side thought this was a grand game so she started doing it too. Both could jump high enough to touch noses over a six foot fence. Neither dog was aggressive, but it was not a healthy game.

I talked to my neighbour to explain the problem and suggest some solutions. We introduced the two dogs by walking them together every couple of days. At first they were eying each other with suspicion, but by the end of the second walk they were quite comfortable with each other.

After the dogs became familiar with each other, the problem just went away.

As this neighbours dog are somewhat DA and they don't walk the bloody things (well sometimes they allow the 8 year old kid to walk themicon_smile_mad.gif) there will be no introducing.

Does anyone have any ideas for sound proofing between the run and fence? Not totally, just enough to avoid any chance of the dogs next door triggering of the no bark collar. I was thinking about perhaps running some large wood sheets (not sure what they are called but you can buy them from the hardware store relatively cheaply) along the bottom of the dog run... not sure if that would do the job?

Plants are another option but they will take a while.smile.gif

If the collar was faulty, it would be covered by the warranty you get from Dogtra. But there isn't a trial period where you can use the collar then return it after using it :)

Thanks for answering that Huski. I wasn't meaning a trial period but more along the line of either a satisfaction guarantee if the collar doesn't perform as described. Sorry, I didn't word it very well!

My only concern is that the neighbours dogs could set it off by being so close to the fence-line. I'm really uncomfortable with that thought! However if we can get a bit of a noise blocker up also that solves that one too. smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Did you end up getting the collar?

Seems our 9month old GSD has taken up this game as well- though its not with dogs on the other side, it's kids.

Yeah I did and it worked brilliantly. thumbsup1.gif

She stopped the nuisance barking within a few days of using the collar on the lowest setting. The neighbours dogs are still going skitz every time she makes a noise in her run but she's no longer barking back - regardless of whether she has the collar on or not.

For the first two weeks she wore it every day, third week randomly, now only very occasionally.

I got the Dogtra YS300.

I was hosing my own dogs for fence running (my solution when I was on crutches with a cast on my foot!) which solved the problem of my dogs barking- but it turned out I was wetting the dog on the other side which ended up with the neighbour being quite abusive. I didn't realise it was getting wet through the fence so stopped.

Since I stopped hosing I have managed to keep better control of my dogs (and built a second fence) but their little blighter now throws itself at the fence if hears any movement on my side! I am quite sure if I went back to dousing everyone near the fence (their side and mine) that once again the problem would be eliminated.

Perhaps you could try some desensitisation of the other dog by making noise (with your dog in the house) then using an aversive noise when it comes near the fence??

I had the same problem as you but a little worse. I hosed my dogs and unbeknown to me the nasty women next door stuck her head over the fence. Guess what she was accidentally hosed too. The fence is 6 feet high double panel how she managed to get her head over is still a unknown to me. But she did threaten to have me charged with assault - the police had a great laugh. I have used electric fence 2 feet out from the double panel fence - did not work. Barking collar - did not work. So I have had to keep my girls locked up while I am away and only let them out when someone is home. It is bad when you get a neighbour who allows their dogs to challenge other dogs up and down the fence without taking action or teaching them it is bad manners.

We have had no end of trouble with our neighbours, attacking dogs, barking dogs and it goes on and on. we have put our house on the market but only a few lookers. So here is hoping it will sell eventually.

I was hosing my own dogs for fence running (my solution when I was on crutches with a cast on my foot!) which solved the problem of my dogs barking- but it turned out I was wetting the dog on the other side which ended up with the neighbour being quite abusive. I didn't realise it was getting wet through the fence so stopped.

Since I stopped hosing I have managed to keep better control of my dogs (and built a second fence) but their little blighter now throws itself at the fence if hears any movement on my side! I am quite sure if I went back to dousing everyone near the fence (their side and mine) that once again the problem would be eliminated.

Perhaps you could try some desensitisation of the other dog by making noise (with your dog in the house) then using an aversive noise when it comes near the fence??

I had the same problem as you but a little worse. I hosed my dogs and unbeknown to me the nasty women next door stuck her head over the fence. Guess what she was accidentally hosed too.

rofl1.gif serves her right!