The Voracious Appetite Of The Pregnant Female!

LizT

Crissy is about 38 days pregnant with three pups shown on the scan this time.

I have increased her meal to include a chicken wing in the morning, quite a large one for a little girl and ever so slightly upped her evening meal.

She seems to be getting fat quickly, especially compared to when she was carrying only the one pup last time. :laugh:

Obviously I don't want her fat so as to hinder her delivery, but she is constantly begging, whingeing, scrounging and searching for food. She's driving me nuts. Once the pups arrive I will have to shovell food into her like a steam engine.

I thought she was bad last time but she seems even worse now.

:laugh: Sorry for laughing but Cavaliers are called Hoovers by us...

My Cav had 3 litters and delivered 3, 3 and 2 the thing is she was sooooo hungry all the time just like you described. I added raw vegs and rice to fill her up.

Good luck with Crissy and I look forward to seeing

cav pics :)

My girls are always pigs too. At this stage I give them 3 feeds a day & leave puppy biscuits out 24/7. Dry being their last preference I reckon if they are genuinely hungry they will pick at them in between feeds. Wouldn't worry about fat at this time, give her what she needs, feeding pups should use up some of the fat & you can slim her down when they are weaned. She won't get so fat she can't deliver.

My girls are always pigs too. At this stage I give them 3 feeds a day & leave puppy biscuits out 24/7. Dry being their last preference I reckon if they are genuinely hungry they will pick at them in between feeds. Wouldn't worry about fat at this time, give her what she needs, feeding pups should use up some of the fat & you can slim her down when they are weaned. She won't get so fat she can't deliver.

Are you sure, Christina? This girl is a pig and eats her Black Hawk in seconds flat! I'll start giving her lunch too though, since she has only three and a bit weeks to go.

Edited by LizT

Are you sure, Christina? This girl is a pig and eats her Black Hawk in seconds flat! I'll start giving her lunch too though, since she has only three and a bit weeks to go.

Sure about the too fat to deliver bit ? Yes.

With my own 3rd child I went from 7st 10lbs to 11 stone :eek: delivered in under an hour & got my figure back quickly with no special effort. Being pregnant really does make some so hungry. Its not greed, growing babes in your tum is hard work. Some will eat up to 3 times the normal diet & when feeding too.

Sure about the too fat to deliver bit ? Yes.

With my own 3rd child I went from 7st 10lbs to 11 stone :eek: delivered in under an hour & got my figure back quickly with no special effort. Being pregnant really does make some so hungry. Its not greed, growing babes in your tum is hard work. Some will eat up to 3 times the normal diet & when feeding too.

:) Hmmm....yes, I went from 60 kg to 83 kg with all three of my pregnancies. With the first I ate like there was no tomorrow. With the second I felt I should be more careful, ate well, exercised and still put on the same amount. Lost the weight easily breat feeding but did struggle a little with my third as I was 39 years old and it took a bit more effort to loose it. Certainly don't wish to deprive her or the pups. Just want to find that "balance". :)