Discospondylitis

Anyone have experience with discospondylitis? If so, how did your dog respond to treatment and did you have any relapse?

My girl was 6 weeks on antibiotics but started to respond within a few days. I also did acupuncture on her for the 6 weeks. We caught it very early in the infection before there was any damage detectable on an x-ray though. Her back was pretty good afterwards but never quite the same as it had been before. She lived about another 2 years with no relapses.

Thanks, glad to hear your girl didn't have any relapses. My boy Coco responded quickly to the treatment too. He had the 6 wks of antibiotics and cortisone, and remained on cortisone for pain. He was doing really well but unfortunately his spine hasn't fused and the movement has caused more inflammation and pain recently, so he's back on antibiotics and also dexamethasone now.

Did your girl lose any function in her hind legs? With Coco it seems to have affected his right hind leg in particular, which is now weaker and sticks out at an odd angle.