8 Mouthe Old Eglish Staffy

gatty86

i have an 8 mouth old staffy and he look like he has lost wight wen i got him wighed last he was 17.85kg and he look like he has lost a lot of wight i dont know if it coz he is growing again or what i haved wormed himand i just dont know can any on give me some insit pls thank you all gattt86

If he is a purebred SBT, he was either overweight or oversize for a puppy, unless very mature. The breed standard is 13-17kgs for adult males. If you are worried that he is under weight, a vet visit would be a good idea.

If he is a purebred SBT, he was either overweight or oversize for a puppy, unless very mature. The breed standard is 13-17kgs for adult males. If you are worried that he is under weight, a vet visit would be a good idea.

he is a puer breed sbt i have is sire and dam papper work at home i can up load a pic of his mum and dad and of joker if you would like to see

at 8 months or any age for that matter, SBT's should be lean. They should have an evident tuck behind the ribs and you should be able to easily feels the ribs of the dog.

Judge a dog by the muscle tone, body condition and the coat, not what they dog weighs.

ETA a 6-8 month old SBT

post-4363-0-19809900-1340416466_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pav Lova

My SBT boy was about the same weight as your boy at that age. My boy is very mature for his age (body/growth), is also very well muscled and well boned so has always been heavier than the "norm" but that's the way I like it :) He grew very quick up until 8-10 months then stopped putting on weight but became much more muscular. I always make sure I can feel his ribs and have a nice tuck-in between his rib and hips. Not only is it better for then to be lean but I personally think they look better like this too as they get to show off their muscles :thumbsup:

If your boy is eating well, and more impotantly pooing well and his energy levels haven't dropped dramatically then it might just be a growth spurt. What are you feeding him? At that age my boy was eating about a cup of raw chicken (I would by whole chickens and chpped then into 6 so he got the skin and bones) and maybe 1-1.5cups of advance puppy kibble a day. Every other day I'd give him some natural youghurt and sardines. Some days he'd want more some days less.

Just because he looks like he's lost weight doesn't mean he has either as muscle weighs more than fat, and as Pav Lova said, judge him by his tone, condition and coat. If looks good and feels good than he probably is good :thumbsup:

I have attached a pic of my boy at 8 months of age. You can't see the tuck in this pic but it is there...not the best pic either :)

post-40535-0-65319900-1340611055_thumb.jpg

Edited by just1more