Tick Prevention Advice Please

I live in NW WA and do not usually use a tick prevention. Marlin picked up a brown tick after an over night camp out, I check her most days and removed it immediately. We are planning a longer camping trip next month and would like to start her on some tick prevention, problem is she swims daily so spot ons and collars will not be effective. She is a 3yr old border collie with a very long fluffy coat which takes hours to dry :)

Has any one any recommendations? Must be available to buy online too.

Both Advantix and Frontline Plus still work if the dog swims. Frontline doesn't seem to work much any more in the eastern states but still might be fine in the west. I would check with a local vet in the area you are going to.

Thanks dancinbcs. We are not going far, local but vet is away atm, and the next nearest is 400km. I had thought Advantix, but was not sure if it was still OK if she swims, may just do it fornightly until we get home.

I think the advice is to wait 48 hours after putting it on before the dog swims or is bathed. Check the packet to be sure. (And don't forget Advantix is toxic to cats. (Just refreshing my knowledge as I'm heading off to tick country next weekend - ugh!)