What To Do With Non-dog Neighbours?!

mixeduppup

If she is serious about her barking complaint they will ask her to keep a "Diary" of when your dogs bark and for how long. I suggest you do the same so that if she does present this as furher eveidence to back up her complaint you can say exactly where your dogs were during the allegded barking episodes.

I agree, not a nice situation to be in, especially given the lengths you have gone to to assure her your dogs are not a threat to her.

This ^

Remember that there are appropriate levels of barking (short stints)When you arrive home or leave for example.

Rangers often speak with other neighbours.

Stay calm and work everything through with council rather than speaking with her. I have the neighbours from hell on one side, we have a great relationship with all of our other neighbours thank goodness :)

I had this with my ex neighbour - at first all was rosy - she had a dog, I had several - no dramas. Then her daughter started ropping her unregistered super aggressive ACDs off every morning and it all turned to hell. The ACDs kept attacking the chainlink fence and trying to get through. I got increasingly concerned and tried talking to her about it to no effect. I reinforced the fences and kept an eye on things but these two would spend all day at the fence line growling and barking. Then her grandson got a puppy but because he and his father were living in a flat they couln't keep it at their place so it started being dropped off at her place as well for days and nights at a time.....it turned into hell - puppy locked on the verandah at all hours crying and howling, ACDs tearing up the fence. After trying to talk to her civilly and being called a number of names I spoke to the ranger. He had a chat with her......advised her to keep an eye on fences, perhaps keep puppy inside etc, get the ACDs back to her daughter etc etc ....all very neutral.

Well next I started getting notes from her saying one of my dogs barked from 9.02am to 9.03am, from 11.12 to 11.13 etc etc and she was going to report me....I dropped her a note back saying by all means do so - two came keep a dairy and I advised I had recorded each and every incident with the ACDs and puppy ......she went to the ranger who came out and sat outside my house for nearly two hours. My dogs barked for approx a minute when he arrived and then went back to sleep. The ACDs and puppy, however, barked non stop for the two hours - he fined her for 4 unregisterd dogs (even her own dog wasn't registered), excess barking and a couple of other things. It was priceless - I think the fines were about $1200 from memory (it's a few years ago now).....she continued to be an absolute bitch for the time I remained there - when I sold and moved I left her a present......several large bags of dog poo...upended on her driveway.....I know I know it was childish BUT man it felt good......

:laugh: love it.

Some people just have far too much time on their hands.

:laugh: