The Incredible Dr Pol

Staffyluv

Just watching this amazing vet show on foxtel.

This man is amazing...

Tonight he has removed an eye from a dog that was hit by a car, treated a kid (goat) that was kicked by a horse and the owner thought it was blind.

treated a little Chi that was really sick and they first thought of parvovirus but luckily it wasn't.

He just treated a tiny Cav puppy that the owner bought from a puppy farm that was sick.

He then went on to explain about puppy farms and "designer" dogs and how bad puppy farms are.

Now he is treating a goat who won't eat.

Last week he put the uterus of a cow who just had a calf back in and sewed it there and the cow lived...

Sadly a young lass bout her pet pig in to be euthed by Dr Pol's other vet and that was really sad

She also treated the same pitbull mix two days in a row for 2 run ins with a porcupine... Hopefully he learns motto go after them again...

If its the vet I am thinking of, he is terrible. Practices poor quality medicine in regards to best practice and sterility.

Something most of the vet community would not be proud of :(

If its the vet I am thinking of, he is terrible. Practices poor quality medicine in regards to best practice and sterility.

They live out the back of nowhere with a large farming community, sometimes they have to make do in the worst of circumstances..

This man saves animals when it really looks like they are not going to make it.

He is blunt and straight to the point and he has a surgery, where his wife is the manager and his son helps out...

He could save more animals if he practiced to higher standards.

Being in the outback doesn't mean you can't use gloves/sterile techniques.

I'm also sure they don't show us the things that go wrong from his incompetence :)

Nope...right vet :(

SO agree, makes me and I'm sure most in the veterinary industry shudder...-:(:mad

Edited by Xyz