Things To Keep 6 Month Old Pup Amused

Rosaline

Our girl has been relatively ok and hasn't been too destructive, however, we've just had school holidays where she had loads of fun and attention. We spent the first week at a farm, complete puppy heaven. However, now with my daughter back at school and me busy catching up on work and things, it's back to regular routine and she is having to be left alone for longer periods.

She seems to be objecting to this and wanting to destroy as much on the back deck as she possibly can - she managed to completely destroy the chair she uses as an outdoor bed, and pretty much everything else that she has ignored for the past few months.

Wet revolting weather isn't helping.

At the moment she is attacking a plastic milk bottle which I put a few bits of dry food in, but I imagine that won't last long. Any other suggestions of things I can put outside to amuse her?

She is booked to be desexed next week as well, not sure if that's going to calm her down at all!

I'm also interested in suggestions for a bed she can have outside on the deck during the day, something that she can't destroy.

What is she allowed to destroy? Big boxes that you can get from fruit shops etc are great for letting her tear something up. Some kongs, a sandpit etc would also be good. Rotate toys every few days.

I use a puzzle ball, kongs with treats, plastic Bottles without lid and ring, icecream containers with lid on and treats in it for my American Staffy who is a puppy until he turns 1 in october, he loves to detroy things. Vicks does wonderful things if you dont want him eating something, he doesnt go near outdoor setting as it is partly covered. Our puppy loves apple, peanut butter, vegemite spread, banana, liver treats and bits of pieces.

Good luck, only thing with boxes you have to clean it up!

My puppy lovesss boxes!!! But yes, certainly annoying to clean up but easily done with the broom, and hey as long as they were occupied! I do the same stuff, love the wobblers, and kongs.. I also bought an aussie dog home alone bungee with ball... loooves that! It lasted my last staffy around 2 years before it was completely destroyed, well worth the money. I also do the ice cream containers with pigs ears etc filled with water then frozen into a super big ice cube. Hiding bones/toys.. I use a sandpit also with stuff hidden, she absolutely loves it! In terms of bedding I have some large thick blankets and heshen (sp?) for her to sleep on as I was sick of cleaning up bed stuffing!!