Pug - Purebred Being Rehomed On Gumtree

Not sure if this is the right place to post - please let me know if inappropriate & I will remove.

Pure Breed Female Pug with Pedigree Papers 4yo.

Thought that a breeder might want to know that their dog is being rehomed...

Edited by futuredogtrainer

I'm pretty sure it's not ok to post this. Especially with the link. The dog you linked to isn't ftgh. She wants plenty for it.

Thought that a breeder might want to know that their dog is being rehomed... sorry, didn't see price. Link now removed.

Why isn't it ok to link? We've had Gumtree links on here before in rescue.

What I tend to do is email the person who has placed the ad advising that it might be worth seeing if the original breeder will take the dog back. If it is FTGH I might advise them to contact a breed rescue (if it exists) or local rescue group that might be able to assist them, especially if they are giving away an undesexed animal or seem to be in desperate circs. If they say in their ad that the dog has behavioural problems but they love it I might suggest they contact a good behaviouralist rather than give a dog away they do care for.

Some people have no clue what to do when it comes to issues for their pets.

Why isn't it ok to link? We've had Gumtree links on here before in rescue.

What I tend to do is email the person who has placed the ad advising that it might be worth seeing if the original breeder will take the dog back. If it is FTGH I might advise them to contact a breed rescue (if it exists) or local rescue group that might be able to assist them, especially if they are giving away an undesexed animal or seem to be in desperate circs. If they say in their ad that the dog has behavioural problems but they love it I might suggest they contact a good behaviouralist rather than give a dog away they do care for.

Some people have no clue what to do when it comes to issues for their pets.

I have since checked forum rules, and they do state no links to ads on other sites. I was also mistaken - dog isn't FTGH - owner wants $600 for the dog. Sorry, I'm not comfortable emailing someone that I don't know, if that makes me a chicken, then so be it. Just checked the ad - I guess it's something at least that the dog is desexed.

Good on you for checking the rules! I'm pretty sure we've had a link on here before to a dog for sale but with a clear injury in the picture. It may have later been removed but it assisted in the dog's rescue at that time.

And in this case at least the dog is desexed. Certainly don't email if you're not comfortable. There are lots of pug lovers out there so hopefully she finds a proper new home.

I know we appreciate people "spotting" pure bred Salukis and Afghans on gumtree etc and alerting us. From my perspective, the best way to do that tho' is either emailing breed rescue directly, posting in a breed thread or posting on a breed list - with a screen grab of just the dog's picture if it's this board.

That way you get a concentration of people in one spot who know the breed and can make an educated guess about who may have bred it. You don't get that in the rescue forum, tho' some of us keep an eye on it and pass information on.

Also, where they are desexed and being sold for a decent price, I am far less worried about them than I am about the entire ones that are FTGH or cheap as chips. For a breed like a pug, I'd happily let the people rehome their dog and not try and step in.